OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gas Prices

Started by Hootowl, May 05, 2011, 04:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hootowl

I am Tagged out here in Indiana, And have Land to Hunt In Ky, But Iam parking My truck. This is getting way out of Hand, Its time the politician to put a  stopped  to this BS raised the prices 23 cents in 4 hrs today In my Town. I am telling its going to be tough on us Hunters that have to travel a few miles to hunt... I say we write are State Congress and say enough is a Enough, I am saying That we banned together we would get somthing done. Iam no Iam probably just running off at the Mouth But, Dam It, Its killing me, and I am sure some of you feel the pain. We here in Indiana are paying 4.19 a gallon. We can Conquer by Numbers

Hoot

CASH

I am delivering a load of gas to the station around the corner from my house as I type this. The price is 3.69 right now but will be 3.75 when I leave.  Sucks.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Solid Snake

Quote from: CASH on May 05, 2011, 05:08:23 AM
I am delivering a load of gas to the station around the corner from my house as I type this. The price is 3.69 right now but will be 3.75 when I leave.  Sucks.

3.75 is a deal! 4.29 here in Indy

Odessa

It was $3.89 at all stations around this area (Greenville NC) yesterday - probably be up today.
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge

bowhunter84

i seen it for 3.68 this morning on my way to work. that was in alabama

Beretta686

The market is dropping today. I will run out of gasoline before 6pm tonight, but I will save myself .09 cents per gallon if I buy it after 6pm.

When the cost of gasoline and diesel increase, the operator of the store must also increase their margins to cover their expenses. Several years ago 75% of the business was cash. With cash you have no transaction fees so you can operate on a smaller margin. Currently the 90% of the gasoline is on a debit/credit card, those fees are 2.75%-4% of the total of the transaction. Do the math currently, I am posting $3.799 per gallon the average transaction fee is .11 cents for every gallon I sell. The fuel in the ground costs me $3.678823  per gallon including freight. There is not much room to cover expenses. Yes I have inside sales, but they get squeezed too.
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

CASH

Quote from: Beretta686 on May 05, 2011, 09:53:45 AM
The market is dropping today. I will run out of gasoline before 6pm tonight, but I will save myself .09 cents per gallon if I buy it after 6pm.

I hate it when y'all do that. I understand it, but the drivers end up backed up at the terminals. Sometimes for hours.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

LX_Trkyhntr

I cut my season short due to high fuel prices this year.  I spent way more on the trips that I did take so it made me cut a trip out.  Plus on the trips that I did take, I didn't spend near as much as I would have in the past.  I tent camped not get a motel room, I ate almost exclusively out of my cooler instead of getting meals at the local diner and such.  I sure hope they can get this back under control soon. 
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

wisconsinteacher

4.07 here in NW Wisconsin.  It is really starting to hurt.

LX_Trkyhntr

The Department of Energy releases the national average for diesel and gasoline every Monday.  This past Monday the national average for gasoline was $3.963, up $1.065 from the same week last year.  That's a 36.7% increase in the cost of fuel, for a 20gal fill up it's an extra $21.30!!  That adds up quick!

The website to check the average is http://www.eia.gov/oog/info/gdu/gasdiesel.asp 

It's updated every Monday between 1 to 3 PM EST
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

TauntoHawk

I was paying $4 a gallon to drive around my uncles to hunt, who has a gas lease on his property..

thought about getting it out of the ground my dang self
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CASH

I've got to go to Michigan next month for my daughters Sweet 16 party.  We figured it would cost roughly $500 - $600 round trip to drive my truck up there.  I'm coming out cheaper flying to Chicago, renting a car and then driving back.  Go figure.

Beretta686

gasoline down .15 and diesel down .18 right now on the market
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

Hootowl

Oh I have had the same midset, Surely are Government would"nt Lie to us

stinkpickle

Oil is falling hard today...

http://money.cnn.com/2011/05/05/markets/oil_prices/index.htm

Don't expect any big drops at the pump, though.  It's time for retailers to make their money.