turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

have an upgrade (with pics now)

Started by ghillie, May 04, 2011, 10:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghillie

Put down a 27.9 lb boss tonight.  Scored 71.56.  Pics and story to follow!!

Not much of a story with this bird.  Had them patterned pretty well and it was just a matter of time before our paths crossed.  Got set up at 5PM with good ol Clementine in a grain field that was just planted 2 days ago, the roost is behind the field in a decent amount of timber.  Like clock work this ol boy and his buddy were following a single hen back to the roost.  These two toms looked at Clementine and came in on a string.  Never even called.  They strutted and were competing for attention for a little bit until I had a clear shot on the one I wanted to take without hitting the other one.  35 yards and the hammer went down.  Those Hevi 13 #7's are LETHAL!!  Dropped him in his tracks and he hardly flopped.  His buddy jumped in the air and was looking around trying to figure out what just happened.  He started to alarm putt and was heading in my direction.  I coughed and he took off still never laying eyes on me...maybe.  Anyway it was a GREAT day here in Iowa.  I filled the bow tag this morning with a score of near 56 and this bird tonight...

joshua

Awesome.  Can't wait for the pics and story.  Team VOODOO is on a roll.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

bird

Now those are some straight-line daggers buddy.  :newmascot:

Congrats!!!  :z-guntootsmiley: :z-winnersmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

drenalinld

That is one big bird and some great shanks too!!! Awesome!

blueribbon

Great day for sure Brother!!! Congrats!

doublegobble

Nice bird Ghillie! Good heavy hooks too! Congrats!
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.