News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rainy day jake!

Started by chatterbox, May 04, 2011, 03:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

I'm gonna start this thread off stating I don't have any pics! :toothy12:
Got into the blind at 4 this morning expecting it to be a pretty rainy morning. We were not dissapointed, as the fog and rain moved in pretty steady by daybreak.
We heard one gobble down by the swamp and didn't hear anything else for the longest time. Then my buddy saw 3 birds come through the opening about 200 yards above us. The first two were hens, and the last bird was bigger but we couldn't tell exactly what it was, so I started calling and it slowly started making its way across the field to us.
Well, this bird made his way down to within 75 yards of our decoy and just sat there and stared. By then we could tell it was a jake. Then, it bolted into the woods and popped out on the stone wall right behind the decoy at about 30 yards.
Well my buddy Wes who has never killed a bird decided to roll him, and the 20 ga Encore Pro Hunter did its job, and he ended up with a 15 lb jake with a 5" beard! Not bad for a first bird!

Hognutz

Nothing wrong with that.. Good for him...Mike  :fud: :newmascot:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Basser69

Congrats to your buddy on a nice first bird!  :you_rock: still need pics  :TooFunny:

chatterbox

Quote from: Basser69 on May 04, 2011, 05:32:32 PM
Congrats to your buddy on a nice first bird!  :you_rock: still need pics  :TooFunny:
Working on it! ;D

Sherrell

Good job and glad you all had a rewarding hunt.

Flydown

Great Job Mr.Clark! Nothing wrong with breaking in a newb with a Jake! Congrats to both of you guys! :icon_thumright:

turkey slayer

Congrats to your friend!!!

surehuntsalot

nothing wrong with that at all
congrats to your friend
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

bowhunter84

boggszilla