turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Post Turkey Hunting Blues

Started by zelmo1, June 18, 2019, 10:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

What do you do between turkey seasons. I make pot calls and strikers, shoot some trap and sporting clays and hang with the fam camping. This year I got a crossbow to play with and will do as much hunting as my schedule allows.  :funnyturkey:

Yoteduster

Irrigating and putting up hay keeps me occupied most of the summer then September and October is antelope, elk and deer hunts then duck and goose hunting till January then it's time to start thinking about turkeys again

tal

Start counting the days until next season. Turkey hunting is not a matter of life and death, it's much more important than that... LOL

Happy

Home projects(currently working on my man cave). Cutting wood, family vacation, work, studying for 3 more licenses, come November pedro and I will shoot and process 6-7 deer and before you know it spring will be knocking

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

fallhnt

Bowfishing and mountain bike for fun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Sir-diealot

Quote from: fallhnt on June 18, 2019, 01:27:39 PM
Bowfishing and mountain bike for fun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I wish I could ride again, I miss it a lot.

I read a lot about turkey hunting, bear, elk and deer hunting. I also like to read history from the Revolutionary War on back.

The girlfriend and I try to make a concert every year, we are going to see a group she likes called Tedeschi Trucks Band, I don't know them but she puts up with me and my turkey hunting and other things I am into so she deserves a reward.

Going to The NE Call Makers Summit in August and really looking forward to meeting members and learning some new stuff from those that know more thank myself.

I really like to collect sports cards, particularly football cards (My grandfather played semi-Pro and my father played part of a season with the NY Giants so I really love football) though I have not done anything with NFL cards since they started to disrespect the flag and National Anthem including not watching, I have done more with MMA, boxing and hockey.

And I practice with my turkey calls and yearn for turkey season to come around.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Spitten and drummen

Bass and white perch  until bow season opens.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

sixbird

I curl up in a ball and tell myself everything will be o.k.   :(

land cruiser

Jun - CA pigs
Jul - CA  archery deer
Aug - OR  archery elk
Sept - CA  rifle deer
Oct - NM rifle elk
Nov - OR fall turkey
Dec - CA bear
Jan - OR depredation elk
Feb - WA predators
Boom

Rzrbac

Used to be shoot my bow and work out for the mountains. I've given up on ever killing a bull with my bow. I just can't work out like I used to. May make one more push someday. Trumpets have kept me occupied as of late.

My mind is drifting to WTs. I used to obsess over killing mature bucks. I am hoping to find a decent mature buck to get after and try to get motivated enough to put in the time.

I got back into golfing late last year and my schedule is starting to look like I'm gonna be able to start playing a little. I enjoy it, especially spending time with my Dad but I'm not as competitive or as good when I was young. Just a good way to relax and enjoy being with Dad.

Happy

Quote from: Rzrbac on June 18, 2019, 03:24:02 PM
Used to be shoot my bow and work out for the mountains. I've given up on ever killing a bull with my bow. I just can't work out like I used to. May make one more push someday. Trumpets have kept me occupied as of late.

My mind is drifting to WTs. I used to obsess over killing mature bucks. I am hoping to find a decent mature buck to get after and try to get motivated enough to put in the time.

I got back into golfing late last year and my schedule is starting to look like I'm gonna be able to start playing a little. I enjoy it, especially spending time with my Dad but I'm not as competitive or as good when I was young. Just a good way to relax and enjoy being with Dad.
That reminds me, I exercise every possible day to stay in hunting shape. And do a little bow shooting and tuning as well.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

guesswho

I'm usually busy working on my propertIes.   Mowing, bush hogging etc.  In my downtime I sit on my back porch with my dog and watch my neighbor in her pool to make sure she doesn't drown.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Ctrize

Can't Hunt Turkey Blues

I can't handle this pressure you all puttin on me .I can't sit on this job, whys it so hard to see.
My nerves are jumping man you know that's a fact. Got to get outdoors with Mossy oak on my back.
Got to hump some ridges, put some miles on these shoes I got the spring time, can't hunt, turkey blues.

Now my body's shaking ,I'm at an all time low .It's my wife's sistersbirthday, I got orders to go.
I show up smiling but that's hard to do.
When you got these ,springtime, can't hunt, turkey blues

Now my boss is Tom and his boss is Jake. The irony in that is just to much to take.
Don't think that I'm crazy ,don't call me a fool.
It's all part of those spring time, can't hunt, turkey blues.

I'm not one of those guys who wants it all.Just a straight shooting gun and a sweet box call.
Don't need to be in no book of who's who.
Just got to shake these springtime, can't hunt, turkey blues.

From Haunted by the Gobble

Ozarks Hillbilly

Try and beat the heat and humidity until fall and listen to my wife complain about some guy and his dog watching her swimming in the pool.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

NCL

In about a month fly fishing for summer steelhead which should take me to winter fly fishing for steelhead which will go till turkey season next year.