OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Affinity 20 did not fire

Started by macobb, June 08, 2019, 06:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macobb

I received my brand new Franchi Affinity 20 gauge compact yesterday. Went to shoot it today with 2 3/4
7/8 oz bird shot. Just shooting it for fun there were a couple occasions where I pulled the trigger and it didn't fire. So I would unload it and reload the shell I just tried after inspecting it and it fired like normal. Has anyone heard of anything like this happening? I did notice if the round didn't fire and I inspected it the primer had no markings like the firing pin never hit it.
Always wondering wether or not to give a cluck

ccleroy

Sure the Bolt was completely in battery?

Spurs Up

Quote from: macobb on June 08, 2019, 06:37:11 PM

I received my brand new Franchi Affinity 20 gauge compact yesterday. Went to shoot it today with 2 3/4
7/8 oz bird shot. Just shooting it for fun there were a couple occasions where I pulled the trigger and it didn't fire. So I would unload it and reload the shell I just tried after inspecting it and it fired like normal. Has anyone heard of anything like this happening? I did notice if the round didn't fire and I inspected it the primer had no markings like the firing pin never hit it.

Yes. Although I'm not sure about the primer markings. As another suggested, the bolt may not have been fully closed. Allow the spring's action to fully close it itself rather than doing it manually.

The owner's manual instructs you to run 2 boxes of 1 oz or heavier shells through it. That is intended to break in the recoil spring. Thereafter, you should have no problem shooting and cycling 7/8 oz loads. Did that with mine and have never had an issue. Ever.

DUCKDIGGLER

Did you have a chance to strip the gun down and detail clean and lube it prior to your first outing? Sometimes that can rectify the issue. It could be excess grease or possibly some fine residue from machining that is causing your failure to fire.

Also, did you try another brand of ammunition?

DD

macobb

I broke it down and cleaned out a lot of factory grease and oil. I'm going to swap to a heavier load and run some shells through it next weekend. I believe that may have been the issue. Too light of shells and a lot of grease and oil from the factory.

Old Gobbler

Oiling method and amount are critical with a enertia driven action , there is some factory sponsored YouTube videos that will demonstrate how to do it right
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

nativeks

Just got the same gun yesterday for the kids. I cleaned it first and no issues. I am struggling to load rounds in the magazine however.

NCL

Quote from: nativeks on June 09, 2019, 09:47:25 AM
Just got the same gun yesterday for the kids. I cleaned it first and no issues. I am struggling to load rounds in the magazine however.

My daughter has the same issue with hers.

Mtd69

most likely the rotating bolt did not close all the way pull it back and let it slam shut and it should fire

macobb

Quote from: nativeks on June 09, 2019, 09:47:25 AM

I had a bit of that issue as well. Not sure what to do about it.

WV Ridge Reaper

You guys that are having problems loading the gun,what kind of problem are you having ?

I've ran into issues with my m2 loading and I'm curious if we have the same problems.

As for the problem with the gun not shooting all of the listed suggestions are great!!! I've seen to much oil cause the gun not to fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coop1082

No trouble loading my Franchi but like a Benelli it's not the most pleasant when putting a shell in the gun. Mine has maybe gotten a touch better over the past two years. Maybe a bit of break in time but every Benelli or Franchi I've ever held have been fairly cumbersome when putting a shell in the magazine.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Swampchickin234

Yup, I'd say clean the snot out of that thing. There might be more grease than you thought.   My franchi will bite your finger loading it as well.

nativeks

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on June 09, 2019, 01:12:09 PM
You guys that are having problems loading the gun,what kind of problem are you having ?

I've ran into issues with my m2 loading and I'm curious if we have the same problems.

As for the problem with the gun not shooting all of the listed suggestions are great!!! I've seen to much oil cause the gun not to fire.

I cant get a shell to push into it almost like the tube is blocked. I havent had time to disassemble it. It may just be insanely stiff, but this is the first non Beretta semi auto I have owned. I usually shoot Beretta 390s.

NCL