OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I think its time to Quit

Started by gobbler74, May 03, 2011, 02:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preacher

I have been trying not to take a dip for tommarrow for about 15 years,  and I could still put a handful of skoal in my mouth,   One day at a time,  you can do it and you will be glad you did , plus save some money!!!!!!!
Romans 8:37

Reloader

Glad to hear you quit and hope you can stick to it. 

I have a big pinch in right now. I've been dipping for about 14years and need to quit myself.  I quit once for a while and somehow convinced myself after a while that chewing Levi would be ok(not hardly).  You have to go cold turkey or it will lead right back to dipping. I wouldn't even go the fake snuff route either.  A friend of mine quit, but couldn't take it so he started the fake stuff and went right back to dipping shortly after.

West Augusta

I use Ice Breakers Peppermints when it gets bad.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I dipped for 29yrs.  I have been dip free for 4yrs now.  And it is going to stay that way.  Hell I don't even think about it much anymore.  I just set my mind to it and said that's it.  Took a last dip and threw my can away for good.   :z-guntootsmiley:

stone road turkey calls

Ok guys listen up let me tell you what is going to happen if you don't stop, i have been smoking for the last 45 years and next week they are going to remove both my kidneys as a result from smoking. i have cancer in them, no more weekend hunting trips, vacations or anything that takes more than one day, got to go have my blood cleaned every other day. so if you want to live this life keep on smoking. all my working life i looked forward to retirement so i could hunt and fish when ever i wanted to, well that time is here and i will not be able to do these things now.STOP!!!
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

saltysenior

i don't chew any more [9 yrs].......but i can't say i gave it up..i want a chew 10 times a day....my new chew is a plastic tooth pic

after many years [30] of heavy smoking, i gave them up cold turkey w/out to much trouble..then one day i tried just a little chew.......

i was told that doctors from the Charlotte,n.c.area,tobacco hdqts.,agreed that smoking,is the most dangerous heath wise,followed by dipping. chew is not as bad .

Fireengine70

Im 32 and have been dipping snuff since I was 14 or so. My 7 year old daughter walked up to me on Monday and told me that snuff causes cancer and that she didnt want me to have cancer. Needless to say, I didnt take a dip and havent had one since then. Its terrible to deal with the withdrawls, but ill be damn if i let that litlle girl down. Ive tried to quit before but it never worked. Hopefully this will be the kick in the @ss that I need. Good Luck Fellas!

spaightlabs

Quitting is easy - I've quit dozens of times!! :smiley-char092:

No one likes a quitter!!

OLE RASPY

i need to quit to and right now is probally my time.The factory i work at has went tobbaco free.After the 3rd time u get caught i reckon your out the door.And after reading this i might just quit.
I got about 3 more cans left.

Tom Threetoes

When I started dippin' Skoal was 29 cents a can. I finally quit about 18 years ago. I still crave a dip when somebody opens a new can. What I don't miss is sore gums and constant heartburn. Hang in there it'll get easier in a few days.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Tom Threetoes on May 04, 2011, 09:19:56 PM
When I started dippin' Skoal was 29 cents a can. I finally quit about 18 years ago. I still crave a dip when somebody opens a new can. What I don't miss is sore gums and constant heartburn. Hang in there it'll get easier in a few days.

I think it was 37 cents a can plus tax when I started at 13. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

And you can dip right in front of me now and it don't even phase me.   :you_rock:

2much2loud

my plan is to quit May 31 after turkey season i find that it is much easier to pick a date ...something to set your self up for ...it worked for smoking...plus my wife said she would buy me a benelli m2 20 ga if i did...

outlaw

Im a good guy !!!

ChiefBubba

Keep at it. I quit 10 years ago from dipping Cope for 30 years. In the end I was dipping 2 1/2 cans a day. It was the hardest thing I ever did. The only way I could do it was by using the fake mint dip. Boy did that stuff taste horrible. In the beginning I would mix the two together and slowing cut back on the tobacco until I weaned myself off it. After about 2 or 3 months I had no nicotine fits but still have cravings to this day every so often. Chief.