OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I think its time to Quit

Started by gobbler74, May 03, 2011, 02:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

Ive fooled with some some form of smokeless tobacco since I was a teen..chewing tobacco, snuff, etc..For the last 15 years it has been primarily snuff. I like the taste and like to take a dip...but I'm fighting to quit now..Ive been fortunate enough to have no problems from it yet..but Im no fool and have friends that have problems from it. I laid it down a few days ago..its time to walk away...If anyone else out there is trying to quit after many years of smokeless tobacco..man it's tough sure enough.     
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

West Augusta

This August will be 4 years for me after using for 25 years.  It is tough and I still have cravings, but will not go back.  One dip and I will be using a can per day.  Hang tough.  If you really want to quit then you will do it.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

GOLD HUNTER

:anim_25: im now 26 years smoke free  :whip2:

Brian

CSAW

I picked it back up after being tobacco free for 9 1/2 years.  I need to quit again, but it is tough.

stinkpickle

Nicotine in any form is a real b#tch to kick.  It'll be seven years (this coming Memorial Day weekend) since I had my last cigarette.  I still get the cravings...   :(

Good luck, and just take it one day at a time.   :anim_25:

barry

If it will help you guys...just think of all the turkey huntin' toys you can buy with the money you'll save by quiting.

BOFF

Quote from: gobbler74 on May 03, 2011, 02:09:07 PM
Ive fooled with some some form of smokeless tobacco since I was a teen..chewing tobacco, snuff, etc..For the last 15 years it has been primarily snuff. I like the taste and like to take a dip...but I'm fighting to quit now..Ive been fortunate enough to have no problems from it yet..but Im no fool and have friends that have problems from it. I laid it down a few days ago..its time to walk away...If anyone else out there is trying to quit after many years of smokeless tobacco..man it's tough sure enough.    

WOOHOOO!!!

Good for you!!! *pat on the back*

Since YOU decided to quit, your already ahead in the game!!!

Prayers for an easy transition to being free from tobacco.

God Bless,
David B.

Hognutz

I smoked for 10 years, early in my life. I quit and began using Copenhagen. I chewed that for 10 or 12 years and quit. I am here to tell you that it is harder to quit the chew than it was to quit the cigarettes. Granted, I quit the butts and went right to chewing, so it went from one directly to another. When I quit chewing, I had no crutch to lean on. Other than M@M's. It has been more than 20 years since my last dip. It can be done..Good luck to you, Jim..Stick with it, Brother..Mike

On a lighter note, I worked with an older gentleman that chewed Copenhagen, as well. His saying was, ''I ain't much for the ladies, but I sure 'nuff get horney for that Copenhagen''. I guess that says it all.. :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

wangchung0121

I currently dip Copenhagen.  Have now since I can remember going to my first rodeo.  I've tried to quit a couple of times, but one slip and I'm back to a can a day.  Definately one of the hardest things I've tried doing.

gobbler74

My dad smoked like a train and drank hard too for 30 years..laid em both down on same day and never looked back. He picked up a little chew habit after and rode that for about 8 years...6 months ago he tossed that habit cold turkey. I just shake my head. It's gotten to the point I can't pass a store without wondering If I need snuff and it pisses me off to think I let somethin get hold of me like that so I'm done with it. Gotta think about dad.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

cfrye11

i have a friend who just had the bone in his jaw removed and the bone in his leg cut out to replace it. CANCER IS NO JOKE.

QUIT NOW

tnturkeyman28

I Quit a at thanksgiving and it is HARD!! I have been having aweful craving since turkey season started but I just laid it down and hope the craving get better. good luck bud.

:anim_25: :anim_25:
Big Boys Custom Calls
" I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Owner of Big Boys Custom Call making Custom Turkey Calls to Order. Mossy Oak Pro Staff The Good lord has Blessed me far more than I deserve. Philippians 4:13

fl panhandler

Congrats Gobbler74,
I have been quit for 15+ years now.  It does get better.  You just have to hang on a little each day.  I don't even think about it anymore.  Try and keep your hands and mind busy.  When you get the cravings if you can resist it for just a few min. your mind will get over it and you can resist it.  Good luck.
Rick

Old Gobbler

My father was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer when he was 53 years old , he lasted 2 years - Its tough not having my turkey hunting buddy around

No joke  - smoking will kill you
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

tiggere

One word for ya...Chantix...its worked for me...twice now LOL...going on two years now