OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ideas for a Display

Started by zelmo1, May 12, 2019, 07:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

We are going to do a triple mount with the birds my wife, daughter and I shot yesterday, any cool ideas? Two Toms and a jake if it helps. We are kicking around a few ideas, this is new to us, lol. Thanks, Al Baker

Greg Massey

Save your money and go buy all 3 of you new shotgun's .. i have 2 mounted and first year or so you enjoy them and after that they just catch a lot of dust....

guesswho

If I had the place to hang them I'd have all three done in the upside down hanging dead turkey pose, maybe of a tree or fence post mount.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Yoder409

If you have the floor space, how about the toms in strut and the jake in a partial strut around a hen decoy ??
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

zelmo1

Just tails and beards guys, lol. And they have 2 new stoeger's

HookedonHooks

Are you thinking three full body mounts? Or three tail fan mounts? There was a guy on here that had a triple tail fan mount a year or so back with wings that was nothing short of amazing.

For full body mounts, if you're wanting to incorporate them all together, it would be tough for me to decide between live poses, or the dead mounts.(As opposed to three individual mounts, you could really get a verity of poses for stand alone appreciation) I think for a dead mount, the two toms on the outside with the jake in the middle strung between two old fence posts would look amazing. It would fit flush to a wall good, but take up a lot of space.

If I was to choose a live pose I think the two Tommy's about to lay a beat down on the jake with one of them spurs up even would be totally badass. This sort of mount would likely require a very large custom pedestal for the mount or be placed on a large dresser of some sort.

Greg Massey

Quote from: zelmo1 on May 12, 2019, 08:29:06 PM
Just tails and beards guys, lol. And they have 2 new stoeger's
You didn't say that in the post you made ... glad you clarified what your wanting to do....lol  :TooFunny: