turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Princess Grumpy Pants to Little Mary Sunshine

Started by zelmo1, May 11, 2019, 09:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

My little grumpy puss changed her tune when we hunted my old friend Bubba's property today. We got set up in two blinds side by side, Grumpy and me, and mom in the other. We heard gobbling immediately and she perked up. A little light calling and 5-6 were gobbling within 120 or so yards. After a little cat and mouse, and mom closing half her windows in her blind, I called in a pair of Toms. I didn't mention that mom had a shot at them but passed because Grumpy never shot a Tom, neither has mom. The boss strutted right to the jake and she proceeded to fill him full of 3rd degrees, perfect shot. Except for the fact he was strutting facing us and she raked the top of my newDSD feeding hen, lol. What a day, after gobbling stopped we took some pics and got back in the blind. An hour later I thought I heard some hens but didn't see any. My exceptional texting skills again betrayed me because mid text to my hunting buddies, BOOM!!, my wife shoots. My phone goes flying and I go  over tea kettle. I hear putting and see a Tom sliding out. I don't know if she missed or what, then I see a flopper in front of her. I get up and take aim and, my knee gives out and I am on the ground again. I put the dot on him lefty, cuz I can't kneel properly now and shoot. He flops and staggers off. I shoot again, this time the bolt clips the top of my thumb and blood spurts everywhere. We get out and go looking, I see him hiding at about 30 yards and CLICK. Spent shell never ejected because of my tree root thumb. I rack one in, last one, and finish the job. You can't make this stuff up. Best day of my life, barring the obvious births and achievements. I am a lucky man.  :funnyturkey:

Marc

Great story!

Glad to know I am not the only one with a "family circus..."
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Yoteduster

Ditto..that is a great story and congrats on some nice birds and a special day

tomstopper

That is awesome. Good job brother. Congrats to the whole family.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

1iagobblergetter

Congrats..
Way to get it done and enjoy the outdoors with the family....My Son know more than filled his tag and asked me if I was getting excited for fall turkey season..Lol...I think he has the bug...

Tail Feathers

Great story and the whole family gets them a bird!  Well done. :z-winnersmiley:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ejhandler

Nice story, a memory that will last a lifetime!

Sir-diealot

Very cool and congratulations to all 3 of you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

SinGin

Congratulations but just think of all them turkeys you have to clean now. Oh well small price I guess.

tha bugman

dublelung

Now that's getting it done! Congrats to you, your wife, and the grumpy one! lol

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase