turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Thanks for your prayers

Started by REBELYELL, May 08, 2019, 11:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBELYELL

Guys, I don't know where to start. These last few days have been the worst of my life. I laid my beautiful wife to rest today. She is no longer in pain and her broken body is healed. I'll be honest, my faith was tested and I continue to struggle with everything and how it unfolded. We just returned from St. Louis last week from her 6 week post surgery follow up. She got a good report and she was 4 inches taller and straight after the surgery. The surgery was a major one, lasting 12 hours and performed by one of the best spine surgeons in this country at Barnes Jewish Hospital. She had spinal fusion surgery done in 2012 and in 2014 one of the rods broke in her back. We made our first trip to St. Louis for a consultation in the fall of 2014. Surgery was scheduled for the spring of 2015, but due to some autoimmune and pulmonary issues, we had to cancel. She fought these health issues for a couple of years and was finally healthy enough to undergo such a big surgery. We went back to St. Louis last year and rescheduled surgery for August 2018. She only had to get final clearance from her cardiologist and during that visit it was discovered that her mitral valve was leaking. Her cardiologist suggested to go ahead with the back surgery and we would address the mitral valve once recovered. Well, when we got to St. Louis, we were in the final stages of pre-op registration and the anesthesiologist had some concern about undergoing such a big surgery with a questionable heart. He brought in their chief cardiologist and they didn't feel comfortable doing back surgery, so it was decided to have her mitral valve replaced while we were up there since they had one of the best valve surgeons in the Midwest. Some of you probably remember me asking for prayers during that time frame. Everything went great and she spent the next 6-7 months trying to get healthy enough for back surgery, which was done on March 21 and was a great success. Like mentioned earlier, she was 4 inches taller, straight and finally got a posture and figure back. She was so upbeat and excited about finally getting a life back. She turned 39 on April 27 and I showered her with gifts because she deserved it and I was so proud of her. We went back to St. Louis and got a good report for her 6 week follow up. Life was good and then she was taken away from us on May 5. I was so angry with GOD and could not understand why he took her away from us, especially after everything she had been through the last few years. I finally realized that it wasn't the time to be mad at HIM because I needed HIM more than ever. I still don't understand and will never get answers to so many questions I have, but I realize this is part of GOD's plan and now is the time to run to HIM and not away from HIM. I am at rock bottom right now so there is no where to go but up. They say time heals, but it will still leave a deep scar. We have a 14 year old son with Autism and he is non-verbal. I am so worried about him right now because he loved his mother so much. At the final viewing before closing her casket today, he reached out to grab her hair and I lost it. He would climb up in her lap every day to smell her hair, a sensory issue. He would bring her a ponytail holder so he could grab it and rub it across his face after she pulled it up. It's just me and him now and the days ahead are going to be tough, especially with Mother's Day coming up. I am sorry for this being so long but my heart is shattered and I could use all of your prayers. Take some time to let your wife and mom know how much you love them and don't never take one day for granted. Life on this earth is precious and tomorrow is never promised. Hug your loved one and be sure to tell them everyday how much you love them. I want to say a special thanks to Buster Halford, from the phone calls and texts and also for the beautiful flowers his family sent. I also want to thank good friend Fred Newell (candyman) for a special gift he gave me last night for the tough days ahead. GOD bless everyone of you and I can't thank my brothers on here enough for your support.

BrowningGuy88

Wisgobbler

Brother, I am so sorry for your pain and for the loss you and your son are having to deal with. I don't know the Lord's reasons for anything but like you I trust him. My pastor has four beautiful daughters, two of them were born with heart problems. He was telling me about the time they were in the hospital while his oldest girl was having open heart surgery. He remarked how one of the nurses wondered how he and his wife could be so calm. He told her that no matter what happened, God had blessed him with the opportunity to share his life and love with his daughter and that whatever time he had here with her was a blessing.
It's hard to lose the people we love and any words that I have for you are hollow at best though I wish them to give you some peace... We do have a hope though. It is found in Jesus and his  propitious death on the cross. We will see our loved ones again. The Lord will give you comfort if you seek him. This much I do know. My heart aches with you right now because I do understand the hurt. I will certainly lift you and your son up in prayer.  Let him be your strength and comfort by drawing close to him. He may seem like all you have right now. He's also all we need even through our deepest pain. He won't leave you to go through this alone.
God watch over you brother..

In Christ's perfect love,
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mathews.1

Wow so sorry for your loss. Remember keep the faith it will help you get thru this very trying time. God bless you and your family.

Marc

I am so sorry that you and your son are going through this.

Thank you for sharing your story, as many of us read this and realize just how petty our small problems are.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your son, as well as your wife.  Look to God, but also look to friends and family for support and help.  There are times to be strong, and times to humbly accept help...  Sounds like this is a time for both.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

tomstopper

I am so sorry for your and your son's loss. This is heart breaking. Prayers will be sent for your family. Again, I am so sorry.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

SinGin

I am so so sorry for your family mnd will pray for you. Having a non verbal autism son of my own, I know how challenging that can be. Will most definitely be praying for you and your family.

Muzzy61

Praying for you and your son. May God watch over you.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Spitten and drummen

Jody,
I am so so sorry for you and your son. Man I have been and will continue to pray for you and him. So many of us roll along taking life for granted. In all this , she is with God and feels no pain. Yall will see her again. The tough part is being left behind. God will pull you through this I am certain. If I can do anything for you my friend please let me know. God bless brother.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Wigsplitter

So sorry for your loss! Will pray for strength and encouragement for you and your family!!

Bowguy

3bailey3

So sorry for you guys loss, you will be in my prayers. Stay strong in CHRIST! 

Swenny

Don't forget that there a whole pile of people here who are thinking of you and supporting you and praying for you and your family. You got a big family here, drop us a line when the nights get long!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

HILBY72

So sorry for your loss, we will be praying for you and your son!!!

Chris O

Very sorry for your loss and it reminds me to always be thankful for the family time I have. Very deeply saddened by your loss !!!