turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

After Eighteen Years of Hunting It Finally Happened

Started by beauleyse10, May 01, 2019, 05:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Congrats.   Welcome to the big league.  Firing warning shots to make it more challenging is admirable. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Divenut2

:z-winnersmiley:
Quote from: guesswho on May 01, 2019, 05:25:02 PM
Congrats.   Welcome to the big league.  Firing warning shots to make it more challenging is admirable.

Now that's funny!  :turkey2:

beauleyse10 - I wish I could say I never missed during the last 46 years I've been hunting, but I can't....   :-[    Will you be putting that 2nd round in your shotgun next time?   

Be well man
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

Yoteduster

Greg Massey

ONLY if i had one more shell...  :TooFunny:    It's happen to all of use , welcome to the miss club....

zelmo1

Harty

A healthy dose of humility is a good thing.....unfortunately Turkeys humble me far too often.

yelpy

Get rid of that camera. It just messed you up. LOL!

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

tal

I swore I'd never miss one, until I missed him..

Tail Feathers

It is not a miss guys. 
It's a CONSERVATIONIST WARNING SHOT! :turkey2:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

dublelung

I'd say you shot no less than 2 feet over his head lol. A miss beats a wounded turkey any day and that's very likely what could've come from the 2nd shot IF you'd had a shell in there.

Any particular reason you only load one shell? The only time I've done that was when hunting with the single barrel.

beauleyse10

Quote from: dublelung on May 02, 2019, 10:05:22 AM
I'd say you shot no less than 2 feet over his head lol. A miss beats a wounded turkey any day and that's very likely what could've come from the 2nd shot IF you'd had a shell in there.

Any particular reason you only load one shell? The only time I've done that was when hunting with the single barrel.

I have been hunting/killed a turkey for the past 18 years and never missed one. I have always kept the gun empty, slide open, until I set up to kill a bird. I then slide one in the action and close it. I have never needed an extra shot so I just stop putting it in there a few years back.

High plains drifter

I've missed 1, in 25 years, but I can see how it could happen. The better you get at it, the closer the shots get. I've gone to the bow , many times these last few years, because I want even more of a challenge. I think with a bow, you have to use a decoy,  or wait in ambush on a trail, which is sort of unethical,  in my opinion,  not saying I've never done it.

Waynesworld23

It happens I missed three in two seasons that stung a little
To give anything less then your best is to sacrifice the gift

Marc

I'll say this much...  You started off with confidence, not even loading more than one shell in a repeater...  I have never had that type of confidence.

I missed a couple years back (for the first time in decades), and was glad to have the second shot...  Shooting at the head in tall grass (shot over him), and he poked up for a second look...  thought I missed that shot as well.  What I though was him running through the grass was him flopping and falling into a small gully...

It is a haunting feeling of humility...  I will remember that miss long after many that I did not.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.