OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ran Into a Slob

Started by zelmo1, May 01, 2019, 12:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Strange time to conduct a controlled burn.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

camotoe

Sounds like one of my hunts this season but I played there game . 2 guys set up on either side of me after they came in late.  So I built a big blind at 8:30 busting all kinds of dead fall . These guys would do some calling and I would hammer on my box call for a long long time doing a gobble ???????????? it was bad . Any ways I was still pissed and left at 9:30 and they must of left as soon as they saw me leave . They where driving away when I got back to my truck . Well at least they where first back to there truck , maybe they learned something about getting there first .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCSWAMPFOX

I'm a valve stem guy as well!

tomstopper

Sad to say, but these scum bags are everywhere

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

mtns2hunt

Public land in my area is huge. Only had one such occurrence twenty years or so ago while deer hunting. Learned to move farther back in a couple miles or more. Never had a issue after that.

Messing with someones private property is not a winning strategy. Doing that makes you no better then they are. Plus what if you get the wrong persons vehicle? Then they would have the right to take it personal. No end in sight.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

That sucks, especially while your wife was with you. They probably would have had flat tires if I would have chose to leave. Good luck the rest of the season.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Marc

Quote from: GobbleNut on May 01, 2019, 02:29:45 PM
Honestly, I have a hard time believing that real hunters would do that.  The animal-rights organizations are devious enough to tell their members to buy hunting licenses and do stuff like that to ruin the hunts of legitimate hunters.  It is an easy way for them to get around hunter harassment laws.  I am inclined to believe that is likely what happened in your case. 

Either way, I think I would have left a message on their vehicle that intimated that if it ever happened again, there would be more serious repercussions than just a note on their vehicle.   :(

Yes, hunters will do that...  Try duck hunting on a crowded public refuge...

I have seen guys hunt a public ramp and purposely block the ramp with their vehicle (17 permits for the slough and they were the first ones in)...  Someone else used their own vehicle to push the guys truck out of the way...  I don't think anyone got a license plate on the guy that pushed the vehicle out of the way...  There was some cheering involved.

I have had guys set up on my decoy spread...  I have had guys sneak into tule patches right next to us, and then claim birds we shot...  I had a limit of pheasants stolen out of my truck (after going back out to duck hunt).

With the "ME!" generation coming up, less land and more hunters, things will only get more interesting...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Volgobbler

Was hunting public land in Tennessee few years ago. Truck after truck went on by as I was in the pull in spot early. Well I walked on in. Old man pulled up and asked if I minded him hunting same zone. I said no that's fine. He told me go wherever I wanted and he would go the opposite.  Got back to my spot and got set up. 10 minutes later I hear footsteps and think that old man lied. I flash my light and a young guy comes walking by and I said what are you doing? He says fixing to hunt this field.  I said well it's not really big enough for 2. He didn't care.  Well I hunted til about 7 30. Couldn't take anymore of his constant calling.  On my walk out I came up on a tom and hen in a field. Got in position and shot the tom. Gratifying feeling.  But not as gratifying as the note I put on his jeep telling him that karma is a bitch because I knew he didn't get a bird!