turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Friends First Bird( Pic added)

Started by zelmo1, April 29, 2019, 11:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

I took my best friend turkey hunting this morning. He is the typical goober we have as a friend, nicest guy going. But, flies by the seat of his pants, lol. Always forgets something, makes noise etc. well today the gods smiled on us. We got in early early and got set up, we sat down and a gobble 60 yards up to our left, good start. He was alone but at the other end of the field was some hens and we heard a couple squeaky gobbles from there. They all flew down, a dozen hens and another Gobbler, could have been a jake. Definitely not the boss. Our bird was gobbling his head off until he hit the ground at 60 yards and shut up and went straight to the hens about 150 yards away. He strutted for a bit then the hens started filtering out of the field opposite corner from us, Rats. So I started calling aggressively and he started gobbling hard. The boss hen was not happy and we proceeded to fight it out for the boss. I outlasted all the hens and he gobbled but wouldn't come. I purred on my own pot, first kill with my newest pot, and he broke hard and ran in. I called the shot and he tipped over backwards. What a great morning. This will go in the memory bank. I hope you all have a great day as well . Al Baker

Sir-diealot

Congratulations to him and great job calling for him.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Dr Juice

tomstopper

Very nice. Congrats to you both

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Ozarks Hillbilly

Yoteduster

Congrats to both of you on a nice bird

edward.penny

Congrats

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

Phire Phite

Nice job.  That's better than shooting one.  Good morning right there, congrats.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SinGin

Always nice to see someone get their first turkey. Congrats to him and you as well.

Swenny