ETHICS QUESTON

Started by wcgobbler, May 02, 2011, 04:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTwistedOne

Reloader

Quote from: TheTwistedOne on May 02, 2011, 05:57:23 PM
Bang!

End of story :D

Those easy ones come well deserved for hardcore turkey hunters.

catdaddy

Quote from: CASH on May 02, 2011, 04:42:55 PM
It's called Turkey Hunting.  Tell your friends to buzz off.  They're just jealous.

BINGO!!!

WyoHunter

Quote from: CASH on May 02, 2011, 04:42:55 PM
It's called Turkey Hunting.  Tell your friends to buzz off.  They're just jealous.
Exactly! Turkey HUNTING!!!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

drenalinld

If you shot him out of a truck window that would be bushwhacking. What you did was use good hearing to capitalize on a great opportunity. Congratulations!! As stated earlier a lot of hunters can't hear drumming when they are sitting still and watching a bird strut up close. It sounds like you are tuned in to it very well.

Sherrell

If it's legal,I'd shot him standing on his head.nothing wrong with the way you harvested your bird.the easiest bird to kill is the one who is receptive to the call and marches in.

TauntoHawk

when it comes to a bird I really want to kill im going to do anything Legal to get him

congrats on the stellar Stalk
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

harvester

I would have shot him in a half a heart beat. Wouldn't even cross my mind. Bush-whacked before and will do it again whenever the opportunity presents itself. I prefer the gobblin and strutting but will take whatever comes along, AS LONG AS IT HAS LONGBEARD.

surehuntsalot

I only have on thing to say on the matter  " boom "
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

neal

Dang it why can't that happen to me!!!! :character0029: Bushwhack my a** it's called hunting and that's what you did, hunted most guys would've stumbled through and bumped the bird!

You did the one thing that I try to teach new turkey hunters all the time be aware of your surroundings be alert listen, look then move. You played it perfect!!!

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

FANMAN

You are a turkey hunter.Congrats. on your bird.

Crutch

I can probably guess that in that instance your woodsmanship exceeded 90 percent of all hunters, (maybe not 90 percent of everyone on here but possibly).  Myself, I put you in the top 90 percent of all hunters with your awareness, patience and skill.  Congrats..
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

Turkasaurus

Quote from: Sherrell on May 02, 2011, 07:05:24 PM
If it's legal,I'd shot him standing on his head.nothing wrong with the way you harvested your bird.the easiest bird to kill is the one who is receptive to the call and marches in.

This!   Beginners are always talking about calling in a turkey only, with that being the main thing, but after killing dozens of gobblers,  to put the shot on a struttung drumming boss gobbler doing his thing, thats 10x better!

:z-guntootsmiley: 
Fueled by Nitro Ammo Co.

Gobblestopper

As far as I'm concerned, bush whacker is a term used by a bunch of scrubs who probably couldn't stalk and kill a turkey one-on-one in the woods if their lives depended on it.  Why talk em if you can stalk em I say! The more 300 degree eyes in the mix the bigger the challenge and the bigger the rush!

Congrats on your hard earned bird.

Ky strutt n bust n

never second guess yourself. when you pull that trigger you mean it. every shot you make is made for a reason. and that reason that day was to kill that gobbler. be thankful you killed a nice bird. many hunters every year that don't get the chance to kill a bird much less see one. its always a blessing to kill a turkey. congrats!