OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Semi-Auto Turkey Gun

Started by gatrapper, April 26, 2019, 12:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Wisgobbler

I wouldn't trade my Remington 11-87 special purpose turkey for any shotgun in the world. Paired with a comp-n-choke XXX full tube it's death on a stick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

appalachianstruttstopper

Mossberg 935, or Mossberg 930 imo. I have used my 935 for about 8 years now and have killed numerous turkeys with it. Kids take the 930 and I have seen many birds fall to it as well. One of the things I like better on the 935 other than 3.5 capability, is the .775 bore that has worked out great for uniform patterns out to 40yds with minimal gaps in the pattern. Mine shoots any shell with a 3 pedal type wad great. Flight control, not so much.

Yoder409

The trio of Belgian-built Winchesters, IMHO, is impossible to beat for the amount of gun you get for the money.

Super X2
Super X3
Super X4

Soft shooting, laser-fast cycling, throw great patterns, ULTRA-reliable, will run filthy, and roughly half the price of some of the "B-guns".
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: mudhen on April 27, 2019, 03:54:02 PM
Maxus Wicked Wing, newer version without Duratouch + the lengthened forcing cone...

This is gonna be hard to beat!

Kansan

IMO, the Browning Maxus is by far the best autoloader on the market.

edward.penny

Love my Mossberg 930 also!

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

Quote from: Yoder409 on April 29, 2019, 07:36:36 PM
The trio of Belgian-built Winchesters, IMHO, is impossible to beat for the amount of gun you get for the money.

Super X2
Super X3
Super X4

Soft shooting, laser-fast cycling, throw great patterns, ULTRA-reliable, will run filthy, and roughly half the price of some of the "B-guns".
I concur

limbhanger777

Super X2
Super X3
Super X4

Agreed! hard to justify spending 1500$+ when you can spend less than half that for an extremely good function all around shotgun

Yoder409

Quote from: limbhanger777 on April 30, 2019, 08:26:42 AM

Super X2
Super X3
Super X4

Agreed! hard to justify spending 1500$+ when you can spend less than half that for an extremely good function all around shotgun

........and then have $600 - $800 left over for a couple boxes of TSS turkey shells........   ;D

Or buy Momma or the kid one and BOTH of you will have incredible guns !!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Dr Juice

Yoder409

Quote from: Dr Juice on April 30, 2019, 09:20:45 AM

How about one of these?

Bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaa !!!!!

For THAT kinda money, it better come with a lifetime supply of TSS shells, a commercial grade turkey fryer, a free Osceola hunt, a set of DSD Turkey Flock decoys and a 6 foot tall, blonde bikini model to carry it around for me..................

;D
PA elitist since 1979

Reloader

In my experience with a pile of autos, the best for the money is the Beretta A400 in the +1k category, Winchester in the 800-1k category, Franchi in the 700-800 category, and the Weatherby in the sub 700 category.  The cheaper autos are a crap shoot, some are good and the very next one may be garbage.

taylorjones20

I really like my M2 20ga and my SBE2.
Alive only by the Grace Of God

surehuntsalot

really like my stoeger 3020
it's not the harvest,it's the chase