OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Semi-Auto Turkey Gun

Started by gatrapper, April 26, 2019, 12:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

My wife and I currently hunt with 12 gauge 870 super mags.  The guns shoot great patterns, but I have been thinking about purchasing a semi-auto that will be a dedicated turkey gun.

What would y'all recommend?
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

tha bugman

zelmo1

I would be lying if I said I didn't love my old Browning Gold(Now the Maxus). I picked up a Stoeger 3000 and am happy with it.

guesswho

Really like my Weatherby SA459
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

ncwoodsman

strutnva

Franchi Affinity in a 20 ga. is real nice

Turkeytider

Take a look at the Remington V3 Turkey Pro. No, I don`t have one, but I do have a V3 walnut variant with which the Turkey Pro shares mechanicals and gas system. My V3 has been flawless and "shoves" rather than "kicks" . Comes with a TruGlow red dot already mounted. 22 or 23" barrel. If I were in the market for a new turkey gun, that would be the first one I would look at because of my experience with my V3.

bbcoach

Mossy 935.  The Mossy's pattern Great.  They have plenty of chokes to choose from and shoot most shells really well with that overbored barrel.

RiverRoost

Winchester SX3 Longbeard. Throws absolute killer patterns. Has pistol grip and adjustable sights already. Has the cantilever rail so all you have to do is bolt on any optic of your choice. Has three different interchangeable butt pads and cheek/comb pieces for a custom fit.

RiverRoost

Winchester SX3 Longbeard. Throws absolute killer patterns. Has pistol grip and adjustable sights already. Has the cantilever rail so all you have to do is bolt on any optic of your choice. Has three different interchangeable butt pads and cheek/comb pieces for a custom fit.

limbhanger777

notsure

I used to own a Mossberg 935. Emphasis on the word "used".  That thing was a complete ____. It would literally eject the charging handle after every third shot or so.  And it hated anything but the hottest of 3.5" turkey loads. So, I traded it in and picked up a used Benelli SBEII. Problems solved.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: notsure on April 26, 2019, 02:19:46 PM
I used to own a Mossberg 935. Emphasis on the word "used".  That thing was a complete ____. It would literally eject the charging handle after every third shot or so.  And it hated anything but the hottest of 3.5" turkey loads. So, I traded it in and picked up a used Benelli SBEII. Problems solved.

Really love my winchester sx3 nwtf edition
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Gooserbat

I know that it's not cheap but I love my Benelli M2
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

land cruiser