turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sons first!

Started by Browning87, April 21, 2019, 08:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Browning87

Yesterday day was a special day for me. My son took his first bird and a good PA bird at that. We had 4 birds in gun range 4 separate times but when you have a eight year old it has to be the perfect set up. With a little sweet talk from my Tony Ezolt (EZ) wingbone and a MAC cherry red slate this guy did just that and presented a perfect 30 yard shot and he dumped him. I couldn't be more proud of him! The bird measured out at 21.5lbs, 9-1/4" beard, 1-3/6" and 1-1/8" spurs and two giant smiles!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waynesworld23

Way to go on a great bird
To give anything less then your best is to sacrifice the gift

bobk

Marc

That is great!

My daughter is small for her age and will be nine years old next year...  I plan to let her give it a go...  Would be curious as to what set-up he was shooting?

I would also like to mention that you will never regret taking the time (that you obviously took) to set up those photos...  Great lighting, Pretty backgrounds, sun on the right side, etc...  Great pictures that will serve you when you are too old to hunt, and serve him his whole life as a reminder of dad.

Awesome hunt, with great pictures that will serve as a reminder to both of you!
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Browning87

Quote from: Marc on April 21, 2019, 10:26:34 AM
That is great!

My daughter is small for her age and will be nine years old next year...  I plan to let her give it a go...  Would be curious as to what set-up he was shooting?

I would also like to mention that you will never regret taking the time (that you obviously took) to set up those photos...  Great lighting, Pretty backgrounds, sun on the right side, etc...  Great pictures that will serve you when you are too old to hunt, and serve him his whole life as a reminder of dad.

Awesome hunt, with great pictures that will serve as a reminder to both of you!

Thank you Marc! I have him shooting a 870 20ga. With a factory full choke and hand load 2-3/4" tss. The factory full offers a great pattern out to 35-40 yards but still lots of error room for the youngsters. I also never let him practice with the turkey loads so he would never have a reason to be afraid of it. I would get 20ga target loads and let him practice with them to keep him comfortable shooting. His adrenaline was so high in the moment of truth he had no idea the difference from the practice loads to the tss. Hope this helps!

bear hunter

nice bird and great pics congrats.

runngun

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Have a great day
Ray

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

yelpy

Congrat's to both of you and a great bird!!!

We didnt fair out as well yesterday but it's always a joy to be in the woods with a youth hunter.. 

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

MDTOM84

Congratulations Brandon!!!! I know you haven't stopped smiling!! Congratulations on a day you will never forget.

1iagobblergetter

Congrats....Doesnt get any better than that..Nice job with the pictures...

Sir-diealot

Congratulations to the youngster, great smile. As Mark said great pictures, you did well.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Happy

Congrats. I enjoy watching my boy get after them as much as anything these days.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

randy6471

jmart241

Browning87

We were able to snap a quick photo on his way to the blind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk