OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

North Dakota Limbhanger

Started by SD_smith, April 15, 2019, 11:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_smith

I live right on the SD-ND border and decided to move back to my hometown in South Florida this year. So figured it was time to shimmy up to the north side of the border and cross it off the list. Most of the birds around here are very henned up so early season for me is usually more of a spot and stalk type deal and if you can get within 60-70 yards then they tend to respond well to calling. Tried that and it didn't work, hens started pulling the strutters away fairly quickly. Made a quick move into the river bed to get in front of them and one gobbler decided to cut in front of me at about 20 yards. Shot him and he rolled right into the river which was running very fast. Caught him about 1/4 mile away on a shoal.

Yoteduster

Sounds like a tough retrieval but congrats on your bird looks like stud by the looks of his hooks

zelmo1

joey46

Gave him a quick cool down.  Congrats.

j.goebel

Justin Goebel

steveo

Nice Gobbler, congratulations

camotoe

Now you have to put one in a south Florida canal .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

SD_smith

Quote from: camotoe on April 16, 2019, 06:40:36 AM
Now you have to put one in a south Florida canal .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already have! My first bird when I was 8 in an orange grove flopped into the canal.

Sir-diealot

Sounds like quite the adventure. Congratulations.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

randy6471

Ozarks Hillbilly

Congrats

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

POk3s

Some awesome black wings on that dude. Congrats!!

RutnNStrutn

Congrats!! :icon_thumright: Sorry, but I'm picturing you running down the river bank trying to catch up to your bird. :TooFunny: