OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rare White Wild Turkey Gobbler Taken by Tennessee Hunter

Started by Sir-diealot, April 15, 2019, 03:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.D. Shellnut

Where I live its not uncommon at all to see smoke phase or gray hens. Like spend a few hours riding on a day when turkeys are moving and you will see one. And I know a guy who killed a legit white wild gobbler. Not as white as that one but very close. I don't know the deal with that bird but they do exist.
60% of the time it works every time!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: dublelung on April 16, 2019, 07:30:44 AM
Cool looking turkey, sucky picture, and the internet investigative authorities are wide awake!
Here is the picture from the second article I listed, I will add it up top too.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

Quote from: J.D. Shellnut on April 16, 2019, 08:20:03 AM
Where I live its not uncommon at all to see smoke phase or gray hens. Like spend a few hours riding on a day when turkeys are moving and you will see one. And I know a guy who killed a legit white wild gobbler. Not as white as that one but very close. I don't know the deal with that bird but they do exist.
I'll be coming to visit you next year. :D
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

turkeyfoot

Sir-diealot

Quote from: turkeyfoot on April 16, 2019, 09:56:02 AM
Better the hunter get him than yotes
I completely agree. I posted this elsewhere in a hunting group and the guy started to tell me it is unethical to shoot it the same as piebald or albino deer. As I told him they eat the same as one with proper color so why not?

John Koenig:

limbhanger777

beautiful bird! I heard of some smokey colored birds in my area but have yet to see one for myself!

J.D. Shellnut

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 16, 2019, 09:51:58 AM
Cant kill hens la. Or I would have one mounted! Called her up several years ago she was solid gray with a black line across her back where her tail feathers joined her body. One the prettiest turkeys Ive ever seen.
60% of the time it works every time!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: limbhanger777 on April 16, 2019, 11:26:27 AM
beautiful bird! I heard of some smokey colored birds in my area but have yet to see one for myself!
Somebody posted this picture of a smokey in another place I posted it. I would love to see either in the wild.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: J.D. Shellnut on April 16, 2019, 11:53:41 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 16, 2019, 09:51:58 AM
Cant kill hens la. Or I would have one mounted! Called her up several years ago she was solid gray with a black line across her back where her tail feathers joined her body. One the prettiest turkeys Ive ever seen.
I completely missed the word hen, sorry about that. I bet she was a marvel to see.

John Koenig:

MDSTRUTNRUT

Let him come me or my bunch and I'll assure you he will be shot at then prob mounted with stories to be told for generations.  Seems to me either way it's a turkey of a lifetime and if was a cross or escapee from a pen then should be taken out of the gene pool ASAP anyways so hey it's all good.   

bghunter777

Sir-diealot

Quote from: bghunter777 on April 17, 2019, 01:06:12 PM
Probably just a domestic bird that got lose.
It was ruled to be a wild turkey if you read the article.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: MDSTRUTNRUT on April 17, 2019, 09:07:33 AM
Let him come me or my bunch and I'll assure you he will be shot at then prob mounted with stories to be told for generations.  Seems to me either way it's a turkey of a lifetime and if was a cross or escapee from a pen then should be taken out of the gene pool ASAP anyways so hey it's all good.
The DEC (Or whatever it is called in his state I don't recall) said it was indeed a wild turkey.

John Koenig: