OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

#2 in VA

Started by Vaturkeyhntr, April 14, 2019, 12:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaturkeyhntr

Hunted a farm this morning where my dad killed a bird yesterday morning and seen 2 other longbeards with his.  Snuck in a patch of woods they usually roost in and settled in about an hour before light.  Right on schedule 2 birds began 2 gobble about 100 yards out in front of me and a hen tree yelped between us.  Knowing the birds usually come in the direction is was in I never made a sound.  The hen I heard pitched down and landed 25 yards in front of me and gave out 3 sets of soft yelps.  About 5 minutes later I caught him walking right to me and the hen.  As he met up with the hen they both began to pass me at 30 yards.  One half yelp to get his head up and it was over.  Done at 6:50
10 3/4 beard, 3/4 spurs, 20 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozarks Hillbilly

Congrats

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TTG

Nice job!

Waynesworld23

To give anything less then your best is to sacrifice the gift

renegade19

tomstopper

Nice. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Turkeyman

Congrats..Nice bird.

Turkeyman

Tunaguy

" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

RutnNStrutn

That's the way to get it done!! :icon_thumright:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase