turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Woodhaven Mouth Call

Started by uk.turkey.hunter, April 09, 2019, 09:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uk.turkey.hunter

So which is mouth call is the Best mouth call in your opinion and why?

Gobble!

Tired a hand full of their mouth calls and I don't know what it is about them but I find they need more air to blow and I'm not a fan.

If your new to mouth calls and looking for a good brand I highly recommend Hooks Custom Calls. Great quality calls at almost 1/3 the cost of Woodhaven Calls.

If your solely looking for Woodhaven calls because you like them, ignore my post.

Dtrkyman

To each his own with mouth calls...I like the copperhead and scorpion, has been a while since I've used them, my friend builds calls for several companies so I use what he makes me.

Ghost cuts are nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelmo1

I am a "V" cut guy. All of their "V" cuts work for me. I am a creature of habit. Don't look past Gooserbat or DC calls mouth calls. They are outstanding  :z-twocents:

SD_smith

I like their Ninja series. They put a Proph reed on top with the cut and it's easier to blow on. I find it's hard to get really loud helps out of them, but that's why I have a pot call anyways.

POk3s

I second the "ninja" series. You can't gonwrong buying the 3 pack in my opinion.

deerpoo22

Strangely woodhavens are the only mouth calls I can run with any sort of consistency. Another vote for the ninja series. Really like the ninja hanmer

aclawrence

I like the raspy red reactor. It's a Scott Ellis models. Also have a ghost which seems to work great for me for doing kee kee's. Also like to hooks calls. The hooks are smaller and fit me better but the reeds seems to get stuck more. I used both brands this morning with no luck unfortunately!

blake_08

My favorite cuts for a diaphragm call is ghost cut and the woodhaven Toxic Orange is probably my favorite mouth call i've ever used. I haven't used all of Woodhaven's calls so i can't say that it's the best, but the toxic orange is the best i have used from woodhaven.

BKnisley

I'm really taking a shine to the yellow venom. Effortless to get that high and low note of the yelp. Of all the mouth calls I've tried this one seems to do it all for me. Sweet talk...to low rasp.

With that being said...I'll never pass up a chance at a K&H magic mooncutter for $2 at the Vance's booth at the Ohio turkey expo ;D

JeffC

Never been very good at mouth calls, but bought a Ninja pack because Woodhaven sponsors THP. The ninja pack has been pretty easy to work. 
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

aclawrence

Mike seems like a pretty cool dude the way he helped out the THP guys.  Seems like a a genuine guy.

Big Jeremy

I haven't found Woodhaven mouth calls to be any better than others, but I also would put them right up there with others as far as ease of run in my experience.

As several have mentioned, I also like the Ninja series, and the ghost cut is the easiest to run in my mouth. It doesn't make my favorite sound, but it sure is easy to blow, and doesn't give me any off notes.

catdaddy

I've used the Classic V3 for years--responsible for a lot of dead turkeys   

darron

I like hooks executioner
My friend turned me on to primos new series of calls and they are super easy to blow