OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need's Another Year!

Started by guesswho, April 08, 2019, 03:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveo

Nice
Deep fried tenders hard to resist..... LOL
Nice pic

hs strut

I don't think I could resist if he came in lol.
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

a_jabbo

There's no way I would be able to not hunt turkeys, but I definitely can respect your decision to leave the property alone.

Harty

Any Longbeard is a good'un. Some just a bit more then others. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.Turkey hunting can be personal at times. YOURE CALL :boon:

G squared 23

So why are you not wanting to kill any turkeys on your property?   Low population?  Unless you have quite a few acres, those things tend to roam around a bit, and there's a good chance he gets killed somewhere else. 

Now if you've committed to not killing any turkeys, stick to your guns.  Take the AR out instead and shoot a bobcat or a coyote, and then do some trapping of the other nest predators next year.  If you really want to try and make a difference, have some discipline. 

Asking guys on this forum if you really should kill a turkey is like asking an alcoholic if you should take a shot of whiskey. 

Gobble!

You and these multi bearded birds....come on man!

TalksToTurkeys

TrackeySauresRex

Great photo of two great Toms. Ya never know if ya don't go.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

beakbuster10

If he's got a full fan, he dies. Better man than me. I spend too much time every year obsessed over certain bucks to worry about certain gobblers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guesswho

Quote from: G squared 23 on April 09, 2019, 09:51:49 AM
So why are you not wanting to kill any turkeys on your property?   Low population?  Unless you have quite a few acres, those things tend to roam around a bit, and there's a good chance he gets killed somewhere else. 

Now if you've committed to not killing any turkeys, stick to your guns.  Take the AR out instead and shoot a bobcat or a coyote, and then do some trapping of the other nest predators next year.  If you really want to try and make a difference, have some discipline. 

Asking guys on this forum if you really should kill a turkey is like asking an alcoholic if you should take a shot of whiskey.
Population was down last year.  Was seeing plenty before the season.  I have places closer to home that I can hunt and fill my tags.   It's 72 miles from my house to my property.  There is a really good chance that any animal I don't kill will make it unless Mother Nature decides they need to go, that's her call.  I enjoy seeing a bobcat as much as a deer or turkey, so they get a pass from me and they and the turkeys can figure out the rest of it.  I'm good with whatever the outcome is. 

I have three large land owners that own all the way around my place.  Close to 10,000 acres between the three of them.  One is strickly no hunting, the other two has very limited pressure.   i usually leave my place for my parents, some kids and first timers.  I have some public land right down the road from the house that provides more of a challenge.   And I wasn't asking if I really should kill this bird.  Just making conversation and sharing a picture.   I'm pretty good at making up my own mind on such matters.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Walkerhuntfish

I'd gladly come shoot the cull on the left if it would help you make up your mind. Just trying to help.  :z-guntootsmiley:

g8rvet

Sounds like your population is more predictable based on your neighbors.  I had a place like that with good neighbors all around it. I still can hunt the place, but now new neighbors feed year round and kill Tom's in the fall with a rifle (buddy of mine saw the pics on Facebook - ugh.  Not as many birds use the farm now.  Bummer.  2 nephews and son all took their first bird there.  It was a great place to take new hunters.  Either way, you will be happy with your decision.  Great pic though. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

guesswho

Hard to compete with neighbors who feed.  Luckily I don't think that's a problem there.  But on a couple other places it's a huge problem.   They usually bait them up, kill a couple then go fishing the rest of the season.  I save those place for late season if I still need to go.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

DumpTruckTurkey

baby spurs... 1 more year.

g8rvet

Quote from: guesswho on April 09, 2019, 01:21:29 PM
Hard to compete with neighbors who feed.  Luckily I don't think that's a problem there.  But on a couple other places it's a huge problem.   They usually bait them up, kill a couple then go fishing the rest of the season.  I save those place for late season if I still need to go.
LOL  I am going tomorrow.  Have pretty much laid off it all season.  Hoping they are bored.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.