OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's the best chair

Started by JasperGlass, April 07, 2019, 11:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasperGlass

I have to have a perfect tree to sit comfortable using my vest with the cushion seat and more times than not I'm bad uncomfortable and my back hurts within 20 mins. I decided I'd buy the chair from walmart (gobbler lounger) and see it that's any better and, it was but the thing broke after the second weekend. I weight 220 so thats not the issue.
I'd like to hear from yall on what's working and worth the price. All I want is something simple to carry and comfortable.

SteelerFan

I'll give a thumbs up to the Alps / Browning. Like American Express

ALPS OutdoorZ NWTF Vanish Hunting Chair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M69CQU2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rrSQCb0D57QPN

Greg Massey

Walmart sells one for 19 dollars and it's rated for 300 pounds ,, it's really nice for the price ...

longspur

Quote from: JasperGlass on April 07, 2019, 11:31:30 PM
I decided I'd buy the chair from walmart (gobbler lounger)

You found a gobbler lounger at Walmart?

Tomfoolery

I wish someone made one with a lumbar support. I havent found any that i could sit very long in. I have L4/L5 S1 issues and turkey season takes a toll on me. I try to sit as long as I can but have learned not to push it. If I don't hear anything I don't sit long.

Greg Massey

Quote from: longspur on April 08, 2019, 04:03:49 AM
Quote from: JasperGlass on April 07, 2019, 11:31:30 PM
I decided I'd buy the chair from walmart (gobbler lounger)

You found a gobbler lounger at Walmart?
YES

runngun

The best I have ever used is The Ultimate Hunting Chair. Been using it for years!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

bbcoach

If you set down for long periods of time, you won't regret getting a chair.  I have the Walmart and Alpz chair and both of them sleep well.  Your back will Thank You!!!!!!  I weigh about 225 and both of them have served me well.  What broke on the Walmart chair?

saverx

I use Alps. It's a little bit of a pain to carry it, but it is light and well worth it when you get to where you are going. Especially nice now that I am getting older and I have had back surgery in the past. Killed a nice long beard off of it this morning. He never knew I was there.

g8rvet

I have one that is 15 years old from Cabelas.  It is still going strong.  I have tossed a couple of others that broke after a few trips.  I keep some extras around for when I have a guest hunting with me.  If I could find that exact chair I would buy three of them.  :(
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

JasperGlass

The cross support legs on the front have a pin holding them together and right there one leg split. Still worked for a few hunts but makes you sit lop sided and bugs me. I'll check out the wingman and some others next chance I get
Thanks guys

Gamblinman

Quote from: SteelerFan on April 07, 2019, 11:48:09 PM
I'll give a thumbs up to the Alps / Browning. Like American Express

ALPS OutdoorZ NWTF Vanish Hunting Chair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M69CQU2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rrSQCb0D57QPN

Yep. Damn fine chair. For my personal chair, I replaced all the rivets with black oxide bolts and lock nuts.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Britton40

Sportsman's warehouse now carries the old Walmart Turkey Thug chairs. Picked up (2) this weekend for $20 each.

https://www.sportsmans.com/camping/camp-furniture/chairs-seats-loungers/rustic-ridge-lounger-chair/p/1450691

OJR

I have the Alps/Browning model. I like it and use it just about every setup.

Tail Feathers

Quote from: runngun on April 08, 2019, 11:12:45 AM
The best I have ever used is The Ultimate Hunting Chair. Been using it for years!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Do you have a link or manufacturer?  Can't find it.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!