OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bob Dixon vest question

Started by chufagold, April 07, 2019, 09:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chufagold

What would you pay for one if someone had one they would sell?

Happy

Bout $100.00. Its a Turkey vest in my eyes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Ozarks Hillbilly

I thought the original asking price of $125 was more than I was willing to pay when they first came out. Should have bought several of them as a retirement fund.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

low2497

Clydetaylor1

I don't know what a dixon vest is. To me a vest is just a tool to carry my stuff. When I get ready to go just grab it and all my stuff is in it.

TTG

20,000 euros and I'll name my firstborn after you

SteelerFan

$150 maybe - if NEW. $800-$1500... nope

kytrkyhntr

If one is in good shape I think they are worth 300-350 bucks. That's double original price and I would definitely pay that just as a collectors item or I could hunt with it. I think they're cool and a sweet piece of turkey hunting memorabilia. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one at that price. Just my two cents
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Greg Massey

Just depends if your rich and how bad you want the vest .... :drool:

LaLongbeard

Just another fad. The vest is really heavy there is no adjustment on the shoulder straps not worth a fraction of what's being paid.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

kytrkyhntr

You're wrong in saying that that vest is a fad. It has a cool story with it they have been sought after for years. Maybe too heavy to some. Some people want it for the collectors item factor.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Ozarks Hillbilly

I have posted it here before, I can see one of the first 100 of 1986 with all matching numbered call's and knife fetching big money. $850 for a high numbered vest without the seat cushion is wanting one awfully bad IMO.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

ezmorningrebel

Maybe if they had been made in the US  I could see paying good money for one but $1000 for a used vest made oversees doesn't make sense to me.

LaLongbeard

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on April 08, 2019, 11:15:35 AM
You're wrong in saying that that vest is a fad. It has a cool story with it they have been sought after for years. Maybe too heavy to some. Some people want it for the collectors item factor.
Your wrong in thinking I don't know who the vest was named for and what the purpose of the limited edition was. It is still a fad made up of the newbies lol you could have bought 10 of them brand new for the prices people  pay now. If you were turkey hunting when the vests came out it seems rediculous.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Gobble!

I've never held one to say what I would pay for it but I'm not a collector of vests. To a collector who really wants one the skys the limit it seems. I don't expect them to ever drop in value.