OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

DIY Pot Call Cover

Started by TTG, April 07, 2019, 08:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTG

Has anybody come up with an idea to make their own? I know Enticer and Woodhaven make them, but I'm sure they're made to fit their line of calls.

Tnwoodsman

I use a can koozie. Just slide pot call in it.

tomstopper

Quote from: TTG on April 07, 2019, 08:19:08 PM
Has anybody come up with an idea to make their own? I know Enticer and Woodhaven make them, but I'm sure they're made to fit their line of calls.
I know that enticer fit my lights Out calls.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

oakraidia

I bought some Enticer covers and they fit my Halloran pots no problem. I don't have any others to try them on...yet.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Liljake

I use crown royal bags, apple, maple and black in 750ml size works great.
Time for a shot. ;D
I Love matching wits with a bird that has a brain the size of a peanut.

Clydetaylor1

I like the woodhaven covers.

LaLongbeard

Woodhaven covers fit all my pot calls and non are made by Woodhaven
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

TTG

Does anybody with the woodhaven covers know the diameter of them? Or are they designed so they can fit different sized calls?

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Liljake on April 07, 2019, 08:47:16 PM
I use crown royal bags, apple, maple and black in 750ml size works great.
Time for a shot. ;D
The vanilla bag with the others and you'll have a full camo set. The new peach bags would be good too if you have a problem with losing them. Lol.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: TTG on April 08, 2019, 09:05:48 AM
Does anybody with the woodhaven covers know the diameter of them? Or are they designed so they can fit different sized calls?
A 3 1/2" call cover should fit just about all the 3 1/2" calls regardless of maker.

Tom Threetoes

Tupper wear makes a water proof container that fits most pots. A bit hard to find but worth the trouble.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Tom Threetoes on April 08, 2019, 09:29:29 AM
Tupper wear makes a water proof container that fits most pots. A bit hard to find but worth the trouble.
Here is an option that's similar to the Tupperware but much cheaper. These are oversized enough that any pot call will fit in one. A couple paper towels around the call would hold it mostly in place and protect it from bouncing around.

https://www.berlinpackaging.com/29110w-8-oz-white-pp-plastic-round-snap-lock-containers-white-snap-lock-cap/?promo=shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzNHNjM7A4QIV6B-tBh1ISwFCEAQYDyABEgJG9_D_BwE

aclawrence

So for a standard 3 1/2" pot call, is the entire width 3 1/2" or just the calling surface.  If the covers fit all the different calls i guess it's the total width. 

HookedonHooks

Quote from: aclawrence on April 08, 2019, 11:15:19 AM
So for a standard 3 1/2" pot call, is the entire width 3 1/2" or just the calling surface.  If the covers fit all the different calls i guess it's the total width.
Just the surface is roughly 3.5 inches. Usually most call makers rims are close enough in size that these covers like the Woodhaven and Enticers that are flexible, will fit the call within their tolerances.

oakraidia

I tried a Woodhaven cover on a Halloran and it didn't fit.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk