OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Proud Poppa

Started by WNCTracker, April 06, 2019, 09:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

Called in two 2yr olds at fly down to 12 yds. He missed. 30 mins later more gobbles and in come 7 jakes. He took his pick and dropped him with a perfect neck shot. He's 9 yrs old and it's his first turkey hunt. No decoys or blinds (nothing wrong with either one-I use decoys a lot) with just good ol fashion adrenaline pumping still hunting and camo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guesswho

Cool!   Congrats to you both.  Nothing better than that right here.  I hope this is the first of many that y'all get to share together.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Sully53

That smile says it all! Awesome!

bluerivertrapper

WNCTracker

Quote from: guesswho on April 06, 2019, 09:37:54 AM
Cool!   Congrats to you both.  Nothing better than that right here.  I hope this is the first of many that y'all get to share together.
I hope so too!  Tomorrow his brother gets to try to get his first. Can the stars align two days in a row to get a gobbler in gun range in front of a kid without a blind .....haha

bobk

Congratulations to both of you.

Happy

Congrats. Hope tomorrow treats you well also.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Harty

Congrats to both of you! Nothin like it. Makes me smile!

bbcoach

CONGRATS to both of you.  GREAT hunt!!!  Glad to see the North Carolina youth GETTING IT DONE!!
Hope the rest of you Carolina youth had a GREAT time today as well!!!!

sbbow

Congrats guys well done !

Mathews.1

Congratulations that's what it's all about. Passing it on. Awesome

Tunaguy

" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

bm bowhunter

Congratulations, May I ask what type of gun your child was using? My grandson is the same age we are going to  hunt this spring for the first time.

WNCTracker

Quote from: bm bowhunter on April 06, 2019, 11:37:30 AM
Congratulations, May I ask what type of gun your child was using? My grandson is the same age we are going to  hunt this spring for the first time.
Yes. It's a mossberg 500 super bantam. His older brother uses the spacers in the stock so they each have a gun that fits. Put a sumtoy choke on it and a trs-25 red dot. Shooting great patterns with #6 longbeard lead. I put 10 oz of steel BB in a sock inside the stock which really decreased recoil. I found 10 oz brought the balance of the gun to 3.5" in front of the trigger. Works for us and no flinches at the at the range using birdshot.

WNCTracker