turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Florida - It's a wrap

Started by joey46, April 05, 2019, 05:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

Even though our scouting was showing a big decrease in activity my buddy and I went out Wednesday (3rd) and yesterday (4th).  To our surprise a not very vocal bird strutted in for my buddy on the 3rd.  Yesterday, after having two jakes and two hens playing silently in our decoys a vocal gobbler approached to within 22 yards.  He finished my Florida season.  Can't get one if you don't go.

renegade19

bbcoach

Congrats!  As you said, when it's Slow keep hunting.  You can't kill them in bed or setting on the couch.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

tomstopper

Very nice. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Wrangler95

Very nice gobbler,congrats!! :z-guntootsmiley:
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Southerngobbler

I see a funky chicken in the background. It would be interested to know how that worked out. It seem to ruffle a few feathers for some of the user on this site as well.

joey46

Funky was involved in both my buddies kill on the 3rd and mine on the 4th.  My buddies gobbler was strutting in, spotted Funky, dropped strut and ran past a Primos hen and Avian X  breeding hen to try and to get to Funky.  My buddy stopped him a few feet short. I had a game camera on the area and will add a picture of him when he broke strut.
On my hunt the next day we had two jakes slip in to our three decoys.  Two hens joined them.  A boss gobbler saw the now gang of seven (3 decoys+4 live).  Guess which of the seven he was keying in on when I shot him?  We don't use Funky every hunt but when he works he really works.
Pic 1 - gobbler running to Funky on 4/3/19.  This camera takes good high speed pics.  This guy was moving. He wanted Funky bad.
Pic 2 - gobbler wishing he hadn't  (this is actually from the same area in 2018 but within 25 feet of my buddies 2019 4/3/19 kill - it is a fly down and strutting area we have taken birds in over the years).
Pic 3 - just found this pic - actual from 4-3.  This is how the "Streaker" in pic #1 ended up. May have to do a post season Funky thread. LOL.

zelmo1

steveo

Congrats
The funky chicken claims another...... LOL

tomstopper

Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

ManfromGreenSwamp

Way to go! Congratulations on your Florida birds :)
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Gobble!

That's one ugly decoy but most folks that use them seem to talk highly of them. Congrats.

dwcim