OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Chair

Started by radbowhunter, April 03, 2019, 10:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radbowhunter

Quote from: Chris O on April 07, 2019, 08:05:52 AM
I have the Browning and like it seems to be holding up to my not so ideal weight of 270# and helps me stay in spots longer because it is comfortable. It was nice for coyote calling as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

Since someone revived this thread, I believe the Cabela's Turkey Lounger is lighter than the Wal Mart turkey thug chair and the Browning/ALPS says they are 1/2 pound heavier too.  The WM Turkey Thug chair is decidedly noisier than the Gobbler Lounger.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

sasquatch1

Quote from: BigSlam51 on April 12, 2019, 08:32:49 PM
https://www.mackspw.com/Allen-Camo-Mesh-Folding-Turkey-Seat?gclid=Cj0KCQjw7sDlBRC9ARIsAD-pDFqHoI9m7on63_hWdyBMcZOScmoieCmZnBtqoZqO0iDjGI8pOpPX9aAaAuJ8EALw_wcB

Just bought this one today. I could definitely fall asleep very easy in this chair. I'm 6'7" and I have plenty of room.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

These would be the **** if the damn legs folded up into the center of the frame where it'd be flat. Like the old Avery power seat.

Everything good stops being made

bobk

I am 6' 6" and have been using the HS Strut Seat  for several years.  It is comfortable and easy to carry with its fold up legs.

wchadw

I have an ALPS vanish. Folds, Velcro close, shoulder strap. I'm 6'1 250 and the standard size is plenty big enough.

Spitten and drummen

Just got another Alps. I like the way it folds , the legs on it and the wide seat. I put 2 claw slings on mine and wear it like a backpack. That chair and Glenda Greens satchel works great together.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Greg Massey

I can't complain about the Walmart chair , it has been fine ...

dbishop

I picked up the bass pro branded chair this spring...not sure how comfy it'll be...but we'll see once season gets here in Ohio.

Here turkey turkey turkey

I bought a Baronett turkey ground chair for deer hunting. It is super comfortable and weighs around 6 pounds.
To disarm the people...Is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

rakkin6

If you have an Academy Sports near you they have their own brand of hunting gear called Game Winner. I bought one of their turkey chairs about 2 years ago and it has held up great for me and weighs about 6.5 pounds. Just looked and they are $25.00.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

muskyjunky

I also have been using Turkey Thugs - Wal Mart chair for 2 seasons, I also had to replace a rivet as one poster noted. I also found that wrapping a bungy cord around the chair while carrying it keeps it from opening up during lugging it around between setups.

LaLongbeard

Last year after the season I found out about the Lafuma folding chairs. Weighs about 1.5 pounds folds up flat as a seat cushion and has the rounded bottom legs that don't sink into the ground. Made in France...which I guess is better than China? The legs don't squeak when you fold them and it is every bit as comfortable as the chairs weighing 7 pounds. This season will be the real test.

If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Tom007

My vote, Browning. Well made, sturdy. Just a quality product.....
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 07, 2020, 09:00:35 AM
Last year after the season I found out about the Lafuma folding chairs. Weighs about 1.5 pounds folds up flat as a seat cushion and has the rounded bottom legs that don't sink into the ground. Made in France...which I guess is better than China? The legs don't squeak when you fold them and it is every bit as comfortable as the chairs weighing 7 pounds. This season will be the real test.

WHAT's the price ?

Turkeytider

Quote from: Tom007 on March 07, 2020, 09:01:17 AM
My vote, Browning. Well made, sturdy. Just a quality product.....

Mine too.