OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Chair

Started by radbowhunter, April 03, 2019, 10:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

The Turkey Thug chair is an exact knock off of the Cabelas Gobbler Lounger, but it is a lot noisier. Spend the extra $10 and get a Gobbler Lounger. :z-twocents:

Liljake

I have a love hate relationship with my gobbler lounger. It's so darn comfortable that I keep falling asleep in it, only to wake up with a gobbler screaming in my face and my gun across my lap. At 50+ and a beer belly It's also hard to get out of, I developed a move called the ditch and roll to free my backside from it's clutch. :TooFunny:
I Love matching wits with a bird that has a brain the size of a peanut.

shaman

I'm 60. I've been using a boat cushion for 20 years.

What I do is leave a few of them scattered around the farm, so I don't have to lug them around. As I'm going past, I grab one as I'm heading somewhere, and then put it back on my way in.

A boat cushion is just enough to keep my butt warm and dry and give me a bit of a raised seat.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries  of SW Bracken County, KY 
Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

bbcoach

I did see Midway has the Alpz on sale

C-Train

WOW.  I cant believe how expensive these chairs have gotten.  still well worth the money.  luckily I bought 2 back when they were $20 each! 

Copper1

Only thing I didn't like about my Cabelas Gobbler lounger is the finish on the metal legs, kinda shiny so I promptly gave it a rattle can spray job with OD green. Other than that no complaints.

MS Boy

Quote from: C-Train on April 04, 2019, 04:01:39 PM
WOW.  I cant believe how expensive these chairs have gotten.  still well worth the money.  luckily I bought 2 back when they were $20 each!
Worth every penny I would be willing to pay more if I had too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Liljake on April 04, 2019, 01:34:03 PM
I have a love hate relationship with my gobbler lounger. It's so darn comfortable that I keep falling asleep in it, only to wake up with a gobbler screaming in my face and my gun across my lap. At 50+ and a beer belly It's also hard to get out of, I developed a move called the ditch and roll to free my backside from it's clutch. :TooFunny:

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Gamblinman

I used an everywhere chair for years. I bought a bunch when they stopped making them. I even sold a few here. I now use an Alps chair. I replaced all the rivets with black oxide bolts and locking nuts. It's a tank of a chair and very comfortable. I can sit for hours.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Chris O

I have the Browning and like it seems to be holding up to my not so ideal weight of 270# and helps me stay in spots longer because it is comfortable. It was nice for coyote calling as well.

Dtrkyman

Just received a chair I found on backcountry.com   Lafuma low chair, seems pretty solid for its weight though I would not recommend it for any large individuals, I'm 5'10 160  May be a lil tricky on a slope but weight just over 3lbs which is less than half the weight of my gobbler longer.

Sprayed it olive drab with some paint I had, it was like 42$ shipped.

BigSlam51

https://www.mackspw.com/Allen-Camo-Mesh-Folding-Turkey-Seat?gclid=Cj0KCQjw7sDlBRC9ARIsAD-pDFqHoI9m7on63_hWdyBMcZOScmoieCmZnBtqoZqO0iDjGI8pOpPX9aAaAuJ8EALw_wcB

Just bought this one today. I could definitely fall asleep very easy in this chair. I'm 6'7" and I have plenty of room.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

aclawrence

Well y'all talked me into one of these chairs. I swung by Walmart and picked one up. Not bad for $10. I cut the nylon strap off it and put a butler creek padded gun sling on it. Honestly my back has been hurting this last week and I think it's been from less than ideal sitting positions against trees so I'm looking forward to giving this chair a try. It's a little heavy but will probably be worth it. I was already carrying the hs strut seat so this won't be too much difference as far as having something slung around my neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yelpy

Picked up a cabelas event chair for $30. Its gray and black. It has yellow lettering and string that will need some touch up but I think it will work just fine. It's the same as the other seats just not camo.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk