turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Chair

Started by radbowhunter, April 03, 2019, 10:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radbowhunter

Looking for recommendations, Alps, Browning or Turkey Thug from WalMart! Do any have a warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OJR

Don't know about warranty but I have the Browning and love it. Used it last and this seasons and it makes staying still for an old man a breeze. It's light and easily carried in the woods. The ALPS and Browning look like they are made by the same folks to me.
You won't regret buying one.

FL-Boss

I have.. or have had all of them. Most of them are made by the same supplier.. just with a different name on them.   The Walmart is the best one for me. Sits the lowest ...and is the cheapest.

DerekDixon

I have had the walmart one now for four years and use it deer hunting also only thing I have had to do is put a screw in where one of the rivets popped loose

WAGinVA

The Browning Stutter is made by Alps.  I have had two big box chairs (Wallyworld and Dick's) and now have the Browning.  Browning is much better constructed and is quieter.

TKE921

I agree with the above posts about the Browning chair.  It is constructed very well and won't break after you plop down in it a few times.  It is also very comfortable for those mid morning naps when the sun hits you just right.

Big Jeremy

I have one of the Walmart deals...works just fine. My preference is my old Cabela's gobbler lounger, though. It seems a little more comfortable, sits more stably, and has held up to use over many years with no wear whatsoever. Sadly, they don't make it anymore...

Copper1

Cabelas Gobbler lounger for me, ive had mine probably 4 years now and never looked back. No more sitting against trees or on a boat cushion, I can sit for hours comfortable in it.

bbcoach

I've got the ALPS and Wally World chairs.  Both are Great chairs.  Both are comfortable and sleep well LOL!  I don't have anything bad to say about either.

nitro

ALPS  for me.  they have been great. Just spent 3 days in TX and it's the perfect place to test these chairs. Gets your backside of the rocks and can set up in a second..
Royal Slam 2008

Bowhuntr73

I always sat against a tree and a buddy of my got me hooked on these neat little chairs. I will say that I hunt longer and don't move around much using these. Coupled with my vest cushion it's like sitting on the beach just without the beer! I have a Browning and a Cabelas and both have held up for years. I like using them so much I have a spare just in case!!!

squidd

tree-rat sniper

Cheap walmart one for me (along with the vest pad).  Good for calling predators or fishing off of a river bank too.  :z-twocents:
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

Cut N Run

I've got 2 Gobbler Loungers, a Mac Sports Turkey Chair (same thing), a couple of the new model Cabela's chairs (I don't like), and an Everywhere Chair.  The everywhere chair is adjustable and much more comfortable, but it does not fold down as small and is not very portable.  It also has two rails instead of individual feet, like the other brands.  Any one of them is better than sitting against a tree with a bad back on no chair.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Dtrkyman

I have the alps, great chair but I hate carrying it!  May try a cheapo beach chair from amazon, they weigh half as much and I'm only 160lbs so it should hold up?