OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How do you carry your lounger chair?

Started by Tail Feathers, March 30, 2019, 11:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

So when I run & gun my setup goes like this.

I have a Badlands hip pack, sits on my left side and I sling it on first, and then seat on left and sits just behind pack (pack holds it in place) and then my DSD decoy(s)on left center of back, and shotgun on right. Learned this way if no time to setup on a bird I can just sit and shoot or just drop everything, all off left side if needed. If there is time on set I can easily set decoy, last on first off, set chair and the pack comes off all in order. Also keeps shotgun free to shoulder. Gets a little tougher when filming but I adapted a shotgun sing to my tripod and can tote that along too. Glad I don't have too far of a walk on the farm(s).

MK M GOBL

dublelung

3/8 rope tied at top and bottom with 1/2" pipe insulation over it then camo ace bandage wrapped over it. I keep it secured with a 1 ft long cinch strap around the bottom of the legs.

Muzzy61

velcro to keep it closed and a gun sling.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

davisd9

A cheap neoprene rifle sling to carry and a small bungee with hooks to keep to it filed. Takes 5 seconds to set her up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Drycreek

This carrying strap might of interest to some. Comes in different colors and lengths.

https://www.strapworks.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=577

wchadw

i just recently got a "chairpak" https://chairpak.com/
the only camo option is the old military style but it is a backpack that folds out into a chair.  so far i like it much better than the vest with the seat

it will hold plenty and i carry my calls in a bag i can pull out and set on ground in front of me, it holds my 2 montana decoys and has side pockets for thermacells, etc.

kjnengr

I took an old Claw sling and zip tied each end to the chair where it wouldn't interfere with opening and closing of the chair.  I also ziptied a ball bungee to one of the legs near the bottom.  When it's time to get up and go, I fold the chair and bungee it closed.  Lemme know if I need to take pictures of my setup and post them.

stinkpickle

Mine fits in the game bag on my vest.

Gamblinman

Depending on the loadElectric
Golf cart
Polaris
vest
wheeled golf bag carrier
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

mtns2hunt

I use a piece of nylon strap off a tie down. Loop one end and tie the other end to the top of chair. Carry's easy and comfortable. To undo just remove the looped end and the chair opens. Reverse the process to close and carry. Cost is next to nothing because I use the same tie downs to hang tree stands and I always cut off the excess.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Cut N Run

I bought a bag from someone here a few years ago that's big enough to fit a lounger and a small stake blind. Wish I remembered who made it. The chair bag goes over one shoulder across my back and my gun goes over the opposite shoulder. I use the chair every hunt, the blind, not always.
Luck counts, good or bad.

fallsflight

Quote from: kjnengr on April 01, 2019, 04:24:53 PM
I took an old Claw sling and zip tied each end to the chair where it wouldn't interfere with opening and closing of the chair.  I also ziptied a ball bungee to one of the legs near the bottom.  When it's time to get up and go, I fold the chair and bungee it closed.  Lemme know if I need to take pictures of my setup and post them.
Sure, post the pics if you will...

RutnNStrutn

I replaced the velcro with a longer piece that slips up and over on to it or off of it, quickly and quietly.
I used the same strap that came with the chair, but I moved it up by disconnecting it and zip tying it further up the leg. Lets me get more of the strap around my shoulder.
A friend of mine uses a backpack to carry his dekes in, and just straps his lounger to it.

RemingtonRules

RemingtonRules

Quote from: fallsflight on March 31, 2019, 05:33:06 PM
Quote from: RemingtonRules on March 31, 2019, 03:48:01 PM
I use something similar to these. Sits in the center of my back and does not swing or make noise. I have a simple web cam buckle strap to hold the chair folded.
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/x-stand-tree-stand-backpack-straps?a=1887539&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-PLA&utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=Google&utm_campaign=CI&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy8fPqZKt4QIVEluGCh271gArEAQYASABEgL0PPD_BwE

How did you attach the straps to your chair ?

Pics posted