turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My First Bird (Jake)

Started by Hootowl, April 30, 2011, 09:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hootowl

Getting into this Turkey Hunting Real late in Life, last year I hunted a Total of 3 times, And just had to much going on to get at it 100%. This I could not wait for opening Day, Other than the Rain it was Great day, I packed up about 4am and Headed to my Woods which is a Hour drive, Rain all the way up. I took my Ground Blind setup my Decoys and climbed back into my Home for the next several Hours? I had Deer move through right at first light, and the 2 hens walking messed around my decoys a few minutes and they were Gone. By this time I thought well ts over, I really dint make that many calls couple from a Slate Call (Fire and Ice) And that was it, about 8 am I see movement off to my right and I can see its a Turkey By him Self, I made a few mouth calls but it was like he was trying to Skirt me, I lost sight of him and made a few more mouth calls and then he make a Straight line for the decoys 2 hens and a Jake, He walked around them for a few and I just watched, I have a Bathroom and Kitchen to redo, so I aimed and shot and he dropped right there. My season Is Over, I called the wife and she said good now you can Start my Bathroom? Got to love women....He was not the biggest Bird weight 16 lbs with 3 beards I am going to try and get some Picture up when My wife gets Home of the Bird and His 3 beards all about 1 inch. Its kinda nice to be tagged out but I am going to miss heading to the woods and watch the woods come alive, I was thing About heading down to Ky on are Farm but the wife said Bathroom 1st. so I guess its Next year, Be safe everybody, and Thanks for all the help with some of my dumb question Andy Kaiser sure help alot as did Eric from Fire-n-Ice Calls, and Ron Taylor. Thanks alot. Hurry up Deer season, I guess I could go out and get some Mushrooms, the woods I hunt is like a Small swamp.  

Pictures will be coming soon....
Hoot

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c387/daworz/turkey014.jpg[/IMG]

redarrow

Congrats,and welcome to our addiction. :happy0064:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Sherrell

Very nice and congratulations on a fine bird!

Tom Foolery

Quote from: redarrow on April 30, 2011, 09:27:48 PM
Cograts,and welcome to our arriction. :happy0064:

Man, I'm glad you didn't throw an "E" in there for arriction or poor old Hootowl would have left the site for good.   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Congrats on a great first bird!

Hognutz

Congrats on the bird, Hootowl. He is a dandy first bird. It will give a guy an arriction, for sure. :you_rock:  Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

harleytomms

Congrats! Nice bird. Welcome to the brotherhood. :z-winnersmiley:

I hate turkeys

Well it's in your blood now sorry no cure for it.
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

BOFF

Congrats, I think!!  I hate remodeling!!  :angel9:

Here's your other pic that didn't post.

God Bless,
David B.

barry

Congrats on triple beards.
Make that trip to Kentucky, that bathroom can wait a couple days :)

turkey slayer

redarrow

Quote from: Tom Foolery on April 30, 2011, 09:59:43 PM
Quote from: redarrow on April 30, 2011, 09:27:48 PM
Cograts,and welcome to our arriction. :happy0064:

Man, I'm glad you didn't throw an "E" in there for arriction or poor old Hootowl would have left the site for good.   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Congrats on a great first bird!

Dad gum fat fingers. :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Wrangler95

:anim_65: :anim_65:

Very nice gobbler,congrats!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Trip