OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone have a favorite camo pattern?

Started by Owl, March 27, 2019, 06:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris O

I usually don't have a matching set of camo on. I will usually have 3 different patterns on and that kind of helps you break up your outline. I like most of the mossy oak and Realtree patterns. I have also had good results with the original woodland camo. In the fall and on the ground in hardwoods it's hard to beat ASAT or Predator camo. I actually saw a video of a guy that bought burlap and made a long poncho out of it and spray painted it camo and safety pinned strips of burlap to it for 3D effect and that would work great also.

Jeremy66

Hard to pass up bottomland. Especially the original. Also doubles as deer and duck hunting clothes

Owl

Bottomland has really become my favorite, works so well in a variety of environments. Lean against a tree with rough bark and you'll vanish into it. What really sold me on it was when I leaned my shotgun (in Bottomland) against a tree, walked away to do my business, and when I came back it was gone! Walked around a few different trees, came back to the first one and there it was! Took a double take after a quick glance to see through the camo!

Kytomgetter

That's cool owl. I really like the new bottomland too it has definitely became my favorite. I also like the old Mossy Oak Break up

BrowningGuy88

My favorite Camo pattern is Original Bottomland.

My favorite Camo to hunt in is solid Olive or Gray pants with either a Camo jacket or a leafy top.

Howie g

quavers59

Many years back,I was able to buy what was called- Tiger Stripe
The outfit came complete with Dogtags! I was told Army surplus . I loved that Pattern.

hunter85

I wear more mossy oak brand camo than anything here in central Florida hunting turkeys and ducks. But it is hard to beat real tree edge in the fall in the Georgia pine woods I deer hunt. If I had to pick one pattern and one pattern only it would be mossy oak forest floor hands down for the areas I hunt. In the spring woods I wear a lot of obsession but do try to cater to get general areas I will be hunting if hunting more pine flats, oak hammock areas it's obsession or green leaf and if I'm going to be in more river swamps I like a darker pattern like forest floor, bottom land, and shadow leaf.

10th Legionaire

Quote from: quavers59 on February 24, 2024, 06:59:21 AM
  Many years back,I was able to buy what was called- Tiger Stripe
The outfit came complete with Dogtags! I was told Army surplus . I loved that Pattern.

There's an outfit called Origin that is making a pattern real similar to the old school Tiger Stripe

https://originusa.com/collections/hunt

It looks nice. It's made in the USA and the price reflects paying a living wage to the workers. I. E. it's expensive
Less is more

Notsoyoungturk

Bottomland with North Mountain leafy top.  It is Country DNA because it was on sale.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Tail Feathers

Something with green in it.  Obsession works well around here.  MO Greenleaf too. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

bbcoach

My favorite is Realtree APG, since I live in Eastern NC with early spring green up and plenty of planted pines.

Sanders153

Quote from: Knik on March 27, 2019, 10:16:14 PM
Quote from: Ozarks Hillbilly on March 27, 2019, 09:12:01 PM
Mossy Oak Original Bottomland or Treestand early season Forest Floor pants and defusion 3D Obsession jacket late season

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I have never seen a pattern blend so well with our East Tn. woods as the old Forest Floor pattern. Wish I had 10 new pairs of pants in Forest Floor, they always discontinue the good stuff. Only used it for the bottom half, everything else Bottomland. Would flat out disappear in our early spring hardwoods.

I agree, Forest Floor was a pretty good pattern. I prefer older camo designs like that when I find them, but also wear First Lite Fusion a lot and the older King of the Mountain patterns as well if it's cold.

Bedge7767

Jim

Tom007

Original bottomland is really my choice......
"Solo hunter"