OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone have a favorite camo pattern?

Started by Owl, March 27, 2019, 06:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnhunter21

Ive been using Realtree timber the past few years and have good luck with it. I feel like its the best realtree pattern for turkey they have came out with in a long time.

appalachianassassin

my favorite is mossy oak, only because I dont care much for Ben Gordon. But, at the end of the day, the pattern dosent matter. A decade ago, I did a season long experiment. I hunted the entire season in faded blue jeans and the same red T-Shirt and red fleece hoodie with no gloves or head net. A few of the turkeys saw me just before they met their maker but the end result was the same. That said, I still wear either earth tones or camo. But, I havent used a head net or gloves since.

RED NECK

to look at?...I like Mossy oak "new" breakup, to wear?...I don't personally care or have a favorite per say, I have lots of it and in all different patterns. I have killed more animals wearing asat the last 20 years than anything else including,deer,bear,turkeys,caribou,ducks,etc...
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

gatortrax

I'm a fan of original bottomland and greenleaf.

WildTigerTrout

My favorite camo is Bill Jordan's Advantage "Timber", however it has been discontinued for quite a while.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

West Augusta

My favorite camo pattern is cheap.
Whatever is on sale.   I'm going to destroy it any ways. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

eddie234

I'm OCD, everything I have has to match. My Turkey gear is all realtree APG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

GobbleNut

I've got a little bit of everything hanging in the closet...and for a lot of it, I honestly could not tell you what brand it was without reading the label. I am not particular about what I grab other than contemplating where I will be hunting and what will most likely match the habitat and the weather and temperatures the best.  My theory about camo is that just about anything will work (with some exceptions) if the user does his part in terms of minimizing movement and not doing stoopid stuff.   ;D

My camo purchases are generally based more on price than quality for the most part.  Any time there is a discount rack with camouflage mixed in, I am sure to take a look.   :D

Ihuntoldschool

Sitting still is the best Camo pattern.

Movement is what makes them panic.
They see you but don't always recognize you as a predator until you move. Then it's game over.  You're never invisible to them unless inside a blind/ behind a barrier etc...

Flagobbler

Quote from: Johnhunter21 on February 27, 2024, 06:42:30 PM
Ive been using Realtree timber the past few years and have good luck with it. I feel like its the best realtree pattern for turkey they have came out with in a long time.

100% agree!

I hunt river bottoms and cypress swamps and the Realtree Timber is the best in that environment. 

High plains drifter

Turkz39

RustyBarrels

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on March 01, 2024, 07:44:13 PM
My favorite camo is Bill Jordan's Advantage "Timber", however it has been discontinued for quite a while.

I was in Academy and I'll be dag-on if they didn't have shirts in good old fashioned Advantage. I haven't see, or even thought about that pattern in ages. Reckon if Realtree is hoping lightning can strike twice for them, the way it did for MO Bottomland.

Does anyone else here use ASAT camo?  Man, that 3D leafy suit of theirs is one of my prized possesions

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: RustyBarrels on March 23, 2024, 12:18:19 PM
Quote from: WildTigerTrout on March 01, 2024, 07:44:13 PM

I was in Academy and I'll be dag-on if they didn't have shirts in good old fashioned Advantage. I haven't see, or even thought about that pattern in ages. Reckon if Realtree is hoping lightning can strike twice for them, the way it did for MO Bottomland.

Does anyone else here use ASAT camo?  Man, that 3D leafy suit of theirs is one of my prized possesions
Nomad and real tree both came out with stuff in the advantage pattern this year it looks like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk