OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone have a favorite camo pattern?

Started by Owl, March 27, 2019, 06:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

Quote from: Sanders153 on February 24, 2024, 12:25:46 PM
Quote from: Knik on March 27, 2019, 10:16:14 PM
Quote from: Ozarks Hillbilly on March 27, 2019, 09:12:01 PM
Mossy Oak Original Bottomland or Treestand early season Forest Floor pants and defusion 3D Obsession jacket late season

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I have never seen a pattern blend so well with our East Tn. woods as the old Forest Floor pattern. Wish I had 10 new pairs of pants in Forest Floor, they always discontinue the good stuff. Only used it for the bottom half, everything else Bottomland. Would flat out disappear in our early spring hardwoods.

I agree, Forest Floor was a pretty good pattern. I prefer older camo designs like that when I find them, but also wear First Lite Fusion a lot and the older King of the Mountain patterns as well if it's cold.

MO Forest Floor was one of the best spring or fall patterns. I have an original chamois shirt from MO in that pattern, back when their clothing was higher quality. Wish I bought ten of those.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Dtrkyman

Mossy Oak shadow branch or fall foliage, I still have some of both, quite a bit of shadow branch actually.

Owl

I've noticed original Bottomland is slightly better at a distance, with the new Bottomland being a bit better up close. Both are excellent in my opinion.

paboxcall

Quote from: Owl on February 24, 2024, 04:06:42 PM
I've noticed original Bottomland is slightly better at a distance, with the new Bottomland being a bit better up close. Both are excellent in my opinion.

At a distance in the fall woods, it was really hard to beat Realtree's original Advantage pattern. Those grays and larger leaf shaped browns, guys just simply disappeared.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

PottsieDeRock

Hard to beat Mossy Oak Greenleaf in the early spring

Dr Juice

Mossy Oak Obsession seems to work for me. There is green all year round in my neck of the woods so it's my go to camo.

greentrout

In the fall and before green up I really like NatGear.
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

Tom007

I also want to mention Mossy Oak Tree stand. I have a Mossberg 835  Ulti-mag Turkey in this camo from 1991. It is Original Bottomland with some branches added. Underrated for sure, a real nice pattern....
"Solo hunter"

Sungrazer

Turkey hunting - original bottomland leafy top. Really like greenleaf later.
Deer hunting - ASAT leafy suit.
That green Kryptek looks good as well.

Wigsplitter

MO bottomland for me as well - leafy suit top - natgear is my second choice!!

Sungrazer

Quote from: Wigsplitter on February 25, 2024, 04:44:51 PM
MO bottomland for me as well - leafy suit top - natgear is my second choice!!
Yes, I like Nat gear camo as well. Basically I've been hooked on camo since I walked in my Dad's den at 5-6 years old and saw some military camo early 70's, stopped me in my tracks.

10th Legionaire

I've always been a Mossy Oak fan. Select the pattern for the terrain. Turkey hunting bottom land or greenleaf. Deer hunting I still get along with some older tree stand stuff. Ducks and geese I like original shadow grass.

For ducks I still have some old WWII tan camo.

I've got a few pieces of Sitka/Gore stuff but I don't think it'll replace MO for me
Less is more

vt35mag

Realtree original is my favorite.
Patterns like realtree hardwoods or trebark are good around here with the amount of maple/beech/ash we have

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OJR

What don't I like? Nat Gear, Bottomland, Obsession, Break Up, First Lite Cipher, O2 Octane. I know I have a lot. And I do wear it all at some point during the year.

King Cobra

I'm starting to like the Digital stencil patterns.
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.