OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone have a favorite camo pattern?

Started by Owl, March 27, 2019, 06:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettdunn7

Big fan of real tree edge of hd. Also like the mossy oak bottomland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owl

Have any of you guys seen the patterns by Prym 1 or Predator? They seem unique compared to many of the leave, stick, and tree prints that are out there. The use geometric shapes and stripes to break up outline, much similar to military style type camo. I just thought the concept was interesting and different to most of what's out there.

bigbird

Mossy oak is my favorite. I like full foliage but they haven't made it in a long time. Bottom land or green leaf is what I currently use most

1iagobblergetter

Mossy oak original Bottomland and Greenleaf...I also like the old Realtree camo..I think we care more about camo than the Turkey's do. Like others said being still is more important.

tomstopper

I go with whatever is clean. For many years, I just used my Marine Corp woodland bdus. As long as you stay still, you can get away with most camo. Old timers used to hunt in blue jeans and flannel shirts and killed them

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Fullfan

Timber Ghost, what I have left is getting faded bad. Shame you can not find it anymore.
Don't gobble at me...

Gobble!

Bottomland all season for me. Rocking original bottomland pants and a new bottomland shirt.

Happy

I tend to be pretty partial to the new bottomland. That being said I have hunted with many different patterns and I don't think it matters too much. I still have an old set of original Realtree from the 90's that one of the fellows that helped me get started handed down to me. I have worn them maybe one or two times. It still works though.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Gooserbat

I'll always have a soft spot for original Mossy Oak Bottomland.  First "turkey camo" I ever had.  My folks gave me a set for Christmas when I was like 14.  Hasn't fit in years but I still have it packed away in the bottom of the wife's cedar chest.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Deafman

I've probably used Mossy Oak Break Up more than any other. Got some new Bottomland and Obsession for this year.

KyScott

I've always been a fan of Realtree HD Green. I like the looks of the new Mossy Oak Obsession, Bass Pro True Timber Strata and Cabela's O2 Octane. Gonna try some of the Octane this year. By the time Turkey Season opens here in Kentucky Mid April things are always green as a gord on the ground.

quavers59

I have several patterns that, I wear together. My Fav camo though is Tigerstripe. Issued during the Vietnam war. I was lucky to find a  Shirt and pants together along with brand new Dog Tags! The shirt has 5 Pockets and, I cut the arms off and now it doubles as a light Vest.

kyturkeyhunter4

Mossy oak Bottomland has to be my all time favorite

TKE921

New brown bottomland early and then obsession/greenleaf later after the greenup.  Realtree in the fall

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr