OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone have a favorite camo pattern?

Started by Owl, March 27, 2019, 06:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owl

My girlfriend who is a fashion design major can't stand camo. Always nags on me whenever I'm wearing it. It's a running joke between us that camouflage looks best when it can't be seen. This couldn't be more true than when out in the woods and your success depends on staying hidden.

I'm sure for many of you, your favorite patterns are whatever is on sale or happens to be in the closet at the time. Mismatched or not...

I was wondering if any of you guys have personal favorites or find some camouflage patterns more effective than others?

Sir-diealot

I am partial to Mossy Oak Breakup in the early Spring and then something with more green in it for on top when I am not in the blind. Bought some Mossy Oak Obsession (NWTF Version) this year, will see what I think of that.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

paboxcall

MO Bottomland (vintage or new) pants early season, MO Obsession pants late season, with a 3D leafy pullover. I like to mix patterns between tops and pants. I'm not real picky but if I was to pick it would be new Bottomland, just works year round.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

nyhunter

early season:  Original Advantage pants ,  and Mossy oak Bottomland top
Late season : mossy oak green leaf,  Realtree Xtra Green. 

Greg Massey

I wear whatever miss match sets ...  , bottomland , green leaf , realtree .... got some new MO Obsession pants, shirt and jacket ... after green up....

LaLongbeard

The original Mossy Oak Bottomland and Greenleaf have always meant  Spring Gobblers to me.
But I don't think the pattern matters much at all, not moving  is the key.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

100rollie

I've been happy with Nat gear. I love my 3D leafy Nat Gear, even though it is close to 20 years old.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 27, 2019, 06:55:21 PM
The original Mossy Oak Bottomland and Greenleaf have always meant  Spring Gobblers to me.
But I don't think the pattern matters much at all, not moving  is the key.

This is my thought as well. Absolutely love MO original bottomland eary and green leaf later.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

The Southpaw

catman529

New bottomland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ozarks Hillbilly

Mossy Oak Original Bottomland or Treestand early season Forest Floor pants and defusion 3D Obsession jacket late season

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

guesswho

Early season I like On Sale, late season I switch to Clearence. 

If I had to pick a pattern, I'm partial to Spring Mimicry.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Cottonmouth

I like Bottomland and Greenleaf. Got some breakup and obsession that I'll wear sometimes.

Rzrbac

The old Mossy Oak Treestand. Wished I still had some of it. Nowadays I just wear whatever, it's all about being set up right and knowing when you can move.

Knik

Quote from: Ozarks Hillbilly on March 27, 2019, 09:12:01 PM
Mossy Oak Original Bottomland or Treestand early season Forest Floor pants and defusion 3D Obsession jacket late season

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I have never seen a pattern blend so well with our East Tn. woods as the old Forest Floor pattern. Wish I had 10 new pairs of pants in Forest Floor, they always discontinue the good stuff. Only used it for the bottom half, everything else Bottomland. Would flat out disappear in our early spring hardwoods.