OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

dog flea collar ?

Started by hotspur, March 27, 2019, 08:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotspur

First off let me say on old gobblers forum I can post but not reply, so first thanx for any replies ahead of time. I have applied tick treatment to my clothes and boots , does anyone have experience with dog tick collars around Your ankles

Clydetaylor1

LaLongbeard

If you've applied Permithrin to your clothes and boots your good. No need for dog collars around your ankles lol. Never heard of anyone that scared of a tick
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Gobble!

I think your just as well off spraying your clothes down with permithrin. Seems like that's what most here have the best luck with. Leave the other stuff for the dog. For $15 its probably cheaper than collars as well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ANQVYU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

slicksbeagles1

I have seen guys use bounce dryer sheets before. The Avon skin so soft with what ever they put in it works I used it in heavyily infested tick areas but I also put my pants in my boots and duct tape around them also

bbcoach

Spray everything you hunt in with permethrin (hat, gloves, head net, shirt, vest, pants, socks and boots) let dry and Go Hunt.  The permethrin will take care of the ticks.

LaLongbeard

Quote from: hotspur on March 27, 2019, 08:48:10 AM
First off let me say on old gobblers forum I can post but not reply, so first thanx for any replies ahead of time. I have applied tick treatment to my clothes and boots , does anyone have experience with dog tick collars around Your ankles
He already said he treated his clothes with tick treatment , which I assume is permethrin, I think the dog collars are a little extra, unessecarry protection. I do however advise taking heart worm pills, you can use the ones you give your dog, just start with a half a pill and work your way up to the full dose which usually is per your body weight. You end up having to eat a handful after you build up a tolerance but I've never had heart worms ......so
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

shoer2

I keep one on my saddlebags on my hunting mule can't really tell it helps but it may they are bad this year done got a bunch off of me.I spray down with spray most of the time

dejake

Absolutely!!  I get the small size; around both ankles and wrists.  I get the large size for around my neck.
I also wear an aluminium foil hat underneath my camo cap.

Happy

No experience here, however I do have some family members that have experience with another type of collar around their ankles. I could ask them for you.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

KentuckyLB

I hunt in Missouri North of Mark Twain I can tell you know theyre is no worst place for ticks. The ground literaly moves when you look at it from them crawling. Permethrin works as we spray down daily with it...  we also spray around our cabin with it.

nyhunter

Quote from: Happy on March 27, 2019, 01:25:09 PM
No experience here, however I do have some family members that have experience with another type of collar around their ankles. I could ask them for you.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:, me to, and they seem to be ticked off because of it !!!!!

Greg Massey

good one ...LMBO .... :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

dirt road ninja

I've heard and done it years ago. It does work, but now I just treat my boots and clothes plus spray down with deet on the way out the door.

NCL

Would that be the "type of collar" that transmits location?...LOL