turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

STUMPY ceramics

Started by bbcoach, March 22, 2019, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCL

I have Stumpy's sycamore which was purchased last summer, in five days it will get a field test

Spitten and drummen

I have a walnut , a mahaghony and a blue mahoe. The mahoe is more clear , the mahaghany has great rasp and the walnut is in between. Im more fond of the walnut and mahaghany.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

TauntoHawk

Quote from: bbcoach on March 23, 2019, 02:42:07 PM
Thanks guys for the replies.  Keep this going.  I have the higher pitch with the Halloran Twisted Sister, that thing is just nasty.  I also carry David's Crystal Mistress and a couple of slates so a ceramic with a little TUDE is just what I'm looking for.
Just got a mahogany today and right out of the box my wife said "oh I really like that one" I turned my back and ran it against another very good ceramic call and she picked the stumpy again immediately.

It's going to go right next to the sister in my vest this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

vt35mag

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 25, 2019, 06:41:11 PM
Quote from: bbcoach on March 23, 2019, 02:42:07 PM
Thanks guys for the replies.  Keep this going.  I have the higher pitch with the Halloran Twisted Sister, that thing is just nasty.  I also carry David's Crystal Mistress and a couple of slates so a ceramic with a little TUDE is just what I'm looking for.
Just got a mahogany today and right out of the box my wife said "oh I really like that one" I turned my back and ran it against another very good ceramic call and she picked the stumpy again immediately.

It's going to go right next to the sister in my vest this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

:icon_thumright:

bbcoach

Well gentlemen I just got off the phone with Chad and a mahogany is coming my way.  He played 2 for me and as some of you are already aware there is some great rasp in the mahogany.  Great rollover as well.  I wanted to hear that first black limbs he made but it was already spoken for.  After hearing Stumpy play the calls and getting Great reviews from you guys, I can't wait to get my hands on the call and get in the woods.

perrytrails

I have a walnut and a sycamore. Like them both, they are similar to me.

If someone is interested I'd let the sycamore go. Gonna post in classifieds.

wchadw

I have a sycamore that I run with a Lyman Mac ebony striker. Excellent sounding pot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harty

Quote from: bbcoach on March 26, 2019, 02:12:11 PM
Well gentlemen I just got off the phone with Chad and a mahogany is coming my way.  He played 2 for me and as some of you are already aware there is some great rasp in the mahogany.  Great rollover as well.  I wanted to hear that first black limbs he made but it was already spoken for.  After hearing Stumpy play the calls and getting Great reviews from you guys, I can't wait to get my hands on the call and get in the woods.

Good luck with it in the woods coach! Great choice. I'd be surprised if you were disappointed

Dark Whiskey

I have a walnut I really like,  my buddy just ordered a sycamore I'm looking forward to playing

HuntressEmily

I have heard so many great things about Stumpys ceramics.  Several have mentioned he is the best in business.  I have several of his and looking to purchase a mahogany soon. 
Love the whole look and sound of "The Mahogany"
He should really put his work in the competition! He will then get the title he deserves. 

Sir-diealot

Ambrosia Maple Ceramic Pot The strikers are redhear and webwood and bacote and maple. This is my first ceramic and I love the way it sounds. I had a bit of a hard time at first getting it to roll over (My hand problems, not calls problems) but then tried one of Neal's diamond wood strikers on it and it sings wonderfully now.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bbcoach

Quote from: NCL on March 25, 2019, 09:34:05 AM
I have Stumpy's sycamore which was purchased last summer, in five days it will get a field test
Well NCL, how did the syc ceramic do today?  Hope you had a Great day!  My mahogany should be here Monday or Tuesday, just in time for our Youth opener next Saturday.

NCL

The call worked great but the Tom's were not in a cooperative mood.

wchadw

Quote from: wchadw on March 26, 2019, 04:15:52 PM
I have a sycamore that I run with a Lyman Mac ebony striker. Excellent sounding pot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i had one gobble his head off to this call last week....

stumpy

guys thanks for all the nice post and I hope each of you have a successful season and thanks fro purchasing one of my calls

Stumpy
Happy Hunting
Thanks
Chad
AKA- Stumpy

Chad Hutcheson
Po box 55477
McRae Ga