turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nomad vs Cabelas Tactical Tat’r2

Started by RiverRoost, March 22, 2019, 08:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

I don't know why, bc I love my Cabelas Tat'r2 vest so much, but thoughts on if the Nomad vest is better than the Cabelas Tat'r I have right now? Not the Cabelas with the kickstand built in.  I don't think there is a seat out there that can beat the design of the Tat'r Speed Seat and that huge plus in my book. Just opinions on the two vests against each other

djrcm7

I'm also a huge fan of the tat'r2! I tried a lot of different vests before that but the tatr2 is just awesome. The seat cushion is hands down the best I've seen. Only thing I would like is a better/smaller mouth call spot. Something mesh. I like having a couple mouth calls in a mesh spot for quick access. But the mesh would allow the latex to dry some while not in use
Med student from MO

bchilde

Iv owned the same vest for 15 years and I finally broke down and bought the tactical tatr vest. When I was in cabelas they had the nomad vest there so I compared the to. I hated everything about the nomad vest.

tomstopper

Love my tatr 2

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

RiverRoost

Replies are spot on with what I was thinking. The Tat'r is going to be hard to beat in my mind and really like mine. Just something about turkey hunting that makes you look at new gear.

backforty

Compared the two last week and left with the tatr 2. Cant beat that seat and I liked where everything was placed on the vest

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Print by Madison, on Flickr

mullet dredge

Only thing I wish my Tat'r had was a few shell loops....

Wayman

I love my tactical Tatr 2 been ,been running it for 2 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverRoost

Quote from: mullet dredge on March 22, 2019, 11:54:25 AM

I'm with you there. The only downfall.  I may see if my wife can cut an elastic shell holder that goes on a gun stock and sew it inside one of the pockets somewhere.

Gen.27:3

Quote from: RiverRoost on March 22, 2019, 12:14:58 PM
Quote from: mullet dredge on March 22, 2019, 11:54:25 AM

I'm with you there. The only downfall.  I may see if my wife can cut an elastic shell holder that goes on a gun stock and sew it inside one of the pockets somewhere.

That's a great idea!!
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

dwcim

7shooter

Nomad if you carry a lot of Pot Calls like me.

Jrkimbrough

Never tried the Cabelas but did own the Nomad very briefly and hated it.

ElkTurkMan

Another vote here for tatr 2. Hands down the best best i have owned 

TURKEYWHACKER

Been running the Tac Tat'r 2 for several years and love it.