turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

final bird of the season

Started by loner, April 30, 2011, 03:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loner

this tom was my final bird of the year here in mississippi.he was in the pasture with a hen and the cows would not allow them to go where they wanted.i slipped into the woods and walked several hundred yards to try to get ahead of them and the hen busted me and scooted off to my left.i did not see the tom leave so i circled around to the direction i thought he went.the pasture was open with only a few sprigs of sedge grass here and there so i was afraid i had lost out.there was a small rise i was on and i saw his fan in strut so i laid down facing him and called softly with my mouth call.he started towads me but all i could see was his fan .he kept coming thinking i was his lost hen i guess.at about 35 yards i put the bead below his head and squeezed.SNAP! stood tall and i thought it was over.i had my face net and gloves on and must have blended pretty well as i eased my hand to the bolt and eased the shell out and let the other ease into the chamber.i put the bead back below his head and BOOM! i call this bird the 'low crawl' tom.his beard was about 10" but only had about 3/4" spurs. since, this keeps my consectutive streak alive,i'll be glad to take him.:yes:

just an ole' retired man that still believes in values,and common courtesy.

barry

JVA54

Hognutz

Congrats on a very nice gobbler. Well done, Loner..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

strutnva

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

cannonball

turkey slayer

BOFF

Congrats!!!

What model, brand gun? Was the primer indented on the shell?

God Bless,
David B.

loner

Quote from: BOFF on April 30, 2011, 11:38:06 PM
Congrats!!!

What model, brand gun? Was the primer indented on the shell?
bad shell with hard primer.good imprint from firing pin.just an old shell i was using up. it was a 3" win supreme #5 just like the one behind it that did fire.never had a misfire with the gun before.

God Bless,
David B.
just an ole' retired man that still believes in values,and common courtesy.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

vaturkey

Congrats Loner ! Great Gobbler ! :newmascot:
Vaturkey

bowhunter84