OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

States ???

Started by tomstopper, March 18, 2019, 12:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

NE and IL. Early archery season in NE and some of the best Fall hunting close to home. Both on public land too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

joey46

Tough question.  FL and KY I guess but want to get out west to either WY or NM.  Have OH roots so that's always in play although all the private land I once had access to there is long gone.  KY has better public land IMO than most states with Easterns. 

Gooserbat

Oklahoma and Texas. Combined limit of seven birds.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Turkeyman

New York (home state) and Missouri.

JMalin

Tennessee and Maine (possibility of hunting into June).  I'm biased though as I've never killed an Eastern.

Gamblinman

Texas and Kansas.

Everyone should hunt Texas once...just for the experience.

Lots of birds, beautiful women, and good BBQ.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

BamaBigswamp

Alabama and Colorado

JMalin

Quote from: Gamblinman on March 19, 2019, 08:04:00 PM
Texas and Kansas.

Everyone should hunt Texas once...just for the experience.

Lots of birds, beautiful women, and good BBQ.

On a good turkey ranch under favorable conditions, you can limit out with four birds in a half day hunting.  Can't say that about many other states.

husker

I guess I'm fortunate since I live in Nebraska.  No reason to venture outside of my stomping grounds.  Just need to get my birds before all of you out-of-staters get them first  ;)

Bay1985

Even though Louisiana is on a bad decline I'd still pick La and then probably Kentucky

Tomfoolery

rpinks

Thanks, RP

Dtrkyman

Illinois and Missouri.

If not New Mexico and Nebraska

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mozart_hunter

shaman

I've got my own place in KY, and I currently reside in OH.  Those two right there would keep me happy.

I see others liking those states.  Just a quick question: Why do y'all like KY and OH? 

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries  of SW Bracken County, KY 
Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer