turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Larry Proffitt Book

Started by greencop01, March 14, 2019, 10:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencop01

Just want to let everyone know that Larry Proffitt has a book out 'Letters to My Grandsons'. It is a very good read, one of those books that will keep you going back to for callers and calling techniques. He has hunted with the likes of Dwain Bland, and many other turkey men and caller makers. Google it and check it out. One of the best turkey books out there. I say this because he describes past hunts with the turkey hunter in mind. He made it a focus to meet caller makers and turkey men most of his turkey hunting life and learned first hand from them. He's a humble God fearing man. Good book! Here are some of who he knows, Billy Buice, Darrin Dawkins, Zach Farmer, Roger Parks, Ralph Permar, Marke Sharpe and Lamar Williams, Dwian Bland among others.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

appalachianassassin

I know mr profit. Great guy and absolute turkey wizard.

Rapscallion Vermilion

I'll add my recommendation as well.  The only book I'm aware of to include substantial discussion and advice on the use of trumpets and wingbones for spring and fall hunting.  I also enjoyed the contributions at the end by Billy Buice, Zach Farmer, Mark Sharpe, Ralph Permar, and the others. The chapters are short, like letters, and the style takes a bit getting used to, as many stories or events are reprised, but in the end I decided that was a good thing.

Tail Feathers

It's on my nightstand but I won't get to it for a couple of weeks.  I bought it in Nashville and while Mr. Proffitt was judging a calling contest, an old gentlemen was with Mrs. Proffitt at their booth.  A judge, who told me he is mentioned in that book.  He autographed that page for me.  He had a WWII vet hat on and he was quite a character.
I can't wait to get into that book.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

1iagobblergetter

Any info on where i can purchase his book? I've heard alot about him over the years and bet his book has some good info.

aclawrence

I picked it up at the show also. Was nice to meet him and he was kind enough to sign the book for me. As soon as I finish my 10th legion book I'm going to get started on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 15, 2019, 10:48:53 AM
Any info on where i can purchase his book? I've heard alot about him over the years and bet his book has some good info.
Best bet is to get it directly from Mr. Proffitt.  PM sent.

LMO

Does anyone have his contact information

Yoder409

If you are on Facebook, you can "friend" him there.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Greg Massey

Does anyone know the cost of the book?

Yoder409

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 11, 2024, 01:39:47 PMDoes anyone know the cost of the book?

I bought mine straight from Larry.  I believe it was $30.  But not 100% sure.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

wchadw

It's a good book. I think I emailed him when I got mine

GobbleGitr

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 11, 2024, 01:39:47 PMDoes anyone know the cost of the book?
It is $30 and worth every penny. A unique format in how he presents it as a series of letters containing hunting stories and passes along knowledge of turkey hunting. Some great insights into turkey calls as well as legends of the past.

NYturkey

I have enjoyed the heck out of this book. Well worth whatever he charges.

Dtrkyman

contact beside facebook, not involved in that gar hole anymore.