turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tuscaloosa devastation-

Started by 4nwtf, April 30, 2011, 12:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4nwtf

Hey guys I've been working with sons of thunder in my hometown.  We have been cooking food and serving those involved in the rescue/recovery work.  Also, we have been taking food and water to people sifting through the debris looking for their belongings.  It is a very sobering sight.  Please continue to pray for the tornado victims here, across the state, and the southeastern US.  Here's a couple of pics of us preparing food and of the damage.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Odessa

"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge

Tail Feathers

Prayers sent.
It's hard to comprehend that level of devastation.  You see no leaves on what remains of any trees in the affected areas.  Incredible.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Skeeterbait

Tuscaloosa used to be my home, I know it well.  I liked to have lost my son two weeks ago to a storm north of Prattville.  I survived an F5 in 1974 in Brent.  Tuscaloosa however is on a scale unlike any most if not all of us have seen.  Snapshots cannot begin to convey the massive loss.  There is an arial flyover on youtube that gives some perspective of the scope.  That combined with on the ground photos like yours really hit home.  God be with everyone effected by these storms.  Relief efforts will be appreciated but the self reliant people of Alabama however will not sit on their @ss and whine where was the government.  We will put things back together.

Trevor2

It's truly horrible.... My crew may be heading that way in couple days to help restore power and rebuild power lines.... Just waiting on my phone call.
Strutstopper

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

barry

Big ups to you for helping out down there.
Hard to comprehend the power of Mother Nature.
Prayers to all affected by the storms.

SouthernThunder

Yeah I am currently a student at the University and that tornado bout ran my apartment building over...scary stuff but I'm ok! Tuscaloosa doesn't even look the same anymore! Pray for us.

If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"
                                                        -Bear Bryant

Sherrell

Prayers sent!while in the Rockie's with 70 mph wind gust turkey hunting,I had a bad feeling
when that started down the plains from the mountains hitting the gulf air it could get rough.
I was just astounded when I reached news of just how bad it was.

cannonball

BOFF

Went out today with my church to Holt, and Brookwood. It was quite eye opening. Pictures don't come close to it, as it does in person.

It was a great feeling to see so many people EVERYWHERE helping others. However, it's going to be a long road ahead, and a long term project in the repairs and restoration.

Prayers for the community are coveted!!

God Bless,
David B.

turkey slayer

Crazy stuff for sure!! amazing how strong those tornados are!

bowhunter84

prayers sent for those affected by the tornado  :jesus-cross:

Basser69