OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dicks Sporting Goods

Started by tomstopper, March 13, 2019, 03:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Not a dicks sporting goods fan but I just read that they are going to be getting rid of most stuff related to hunting. May be able to find good deals soon for all that are interested.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Gobble!

Quote from: tomstopper on March 13, 2019, 03:34:48 PM
Not a dicks sporting goods fan but I just read that they are going to be getting rid of most stuff related to hunting. May be able to find good deals soon for all that are interested.

Guess their gun controversy put a hurting on their hunting sales.

tomstopper

The article that I read even said that they don't know if they'll be getting rid of their Field & stream stores in the future. Said they will be replacing the hunting section with batting cages and other sports gear

coyote1

I wouldn't shop there even for great deals. They are anti hunting/ anti 2 A. I vowed to never spend another dime at their stores when they stopped selling ar's and refused to sell long guns to anyone under 21 even though the law is 18. They are getting rid of all their hunting stuff because they are against it and trying to appeal to suburban soccer moms.

I hope all their stores go out of business within a year or 2. They are appropriately named dicks, that's what they are.

dirt road ninja

Guess the market isn't there for them. Irrelevant to their political beliefs, the emphasis will be where the most revenue can be generated.

tomstopper

Quote from: coyote1 on March 13, 2019, 04:00:53 PM
I wouldn't shop there even for great deals. They are anti hunting/ anti 2 A. I vowed to never spend another dime at their stores when they stopped selling ar's and refused to sell long guns to anyone under 21 even though the law is 18. They are getting rid of all their hunting stuff because they are against it and trying to appeal to suburban soccer moms.

I hope all their stores go out of business within a year or 2. They are appropriately named dicks, that's what they are.
I agree. I haven't bought anything off them in a very long time since the same reason you just stated. The only people I feel bad for their employees. I know that in some areas like where I was from in New York it is very real and a lot of people were counting on them for employment

Sir-diealot

Won't have anything to do with them, let them pay to house all their old stuff, don't help them in any way.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

coyote1

I agree, It's a bad situation when people depend on them for employment. In a smaller town they might be the best opportunity for a job, it's unfortunate the company is so lost.

We had a dicks in my hometown but it closed up after a few years, guess they didn't do to well in an area that's predominately hunters and country folks.

Old Gobbler

Dicks is good for selling yoga pants and Nike shoes....no thanks.
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

BigSlam51

They won't get a dime of my money

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

compton30

One of my closest friends works at the Dick's corporate headquarters. When I saw this thread I shot him a text asking when I could start scoring some deals on gear. His reply, "It's only being phased out of poor performing stores, not completely removing it and not any time soon. And not the stores near you." Son of a!

eggshell

I once interviewed with them for a part time post retirement job. Remember I had 31 years in the DNR. When the interviewers came in the room and was two 20 something millennials that didn't know a shotgun from a rifle and was wearing all jogging nike gear I knew I was in trouble. Another middle aged woman was also interviewing and she had tons of corporate experience. We walked out together and she said you know we're not getting jobs and I said yes I know. They hired two teeny bopper girls still in college who answered most questions with giggles. I was done right there. They left the true outdoorsman years ago. Their founder would be appalled as he started with a bait shop

crow

Quote from: coyote1 on March 13, 2019, 04:00:53 PM

This right here ^^

Spitten and drummen

Don't care what kind of deals they have , I wont spend a dime in any of there stores. They could go bankrupt for all I care.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Bossman

Last night Fox news reported that Dick's will stop selling guns in 125 of their stores.