OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dicks Sporting Goods

Started by tomstopper, March 13, 2019, 03:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 13, 2019, 04:58:26 PM
Don't care what kind of deals they have , I wont spend a dime in any of there stores. They could go bankrupt for all I care.
Exactly , they can keep their junk. Let it rot in the warehouses. 

guesswho

I would quit buying from them, but I never started.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

bbcoach

I won't and don't shop at Dick's.  Two years ago when they raised their gun age to 21 from 18, our local Dick's had a young man working in sporting goods that was 20 years old.  He was able to sell guns to patrons but couldn't buy them.  He quit the company and started working at a local gun shop just down the road from Dick's.  Hope they go BELLY up!

aclawrence

I've got a local field and steam and I always make them my last option when shopping. Sucks cause I really like the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clydetaylor1

Greg Massey

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 13, 2019, 04:58:26 PM
Don't care what kind of deals they have , I wont spend a dime in any of there stores. They could go bankrupt for all I care.
X2

longspur

I hated them before the AR and 21 year thing. Didn't feel right in there.

MO HUNTER

rifleman

I quit going in there after there initial thing with the ARs.  Anyway, it seemed to me to be another place for Eddie Bauer type stuff.

dublelung

Quote from: coyote1 on March 13, 2019, 04:00:53 PM
I wouldn't shop there even for great deals. They are anti hunting/ anti 2 A. I vowed to never spend another dime at their stores when they stopped selling ar's and refused to sell long guns to anyone under 21 even though the law is 18. They are getting rid of all their hunting stuff because they are against it and trying to appeal to suburban soccer moms.

I hope all their stores go out of business within a year or 2. They are appropriately named dicks, that's what they are.

I agree completely. I can't understand how anyone who hunts or is a 2nd Amendment supporter could buy from someone who knowingly has those beliefs. They'll get no dollars of mine.

Yoder409

I wouldn't shop there even for great deals. They are anti hunting/ anti 2 A. I vowed to never spend another dime at their stores when they stopped selling ar's and refused to sell long guns to anyone under 21 even though the law is 18. They are getting rid of all their hunting stuff because they are against it and trying to appeal to suburban soccer moms.

I hope all their stores go out of business within a year or 2. They are appropriately named dicks, that's what they are.

EXACTLY what I'd have posted had 'Yote not beaten me to it.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Gobbler428

I didn't shop with them before the AR/21 thing and I certainly would not start now.  I really hope they file chapter 11 in the next year or so, that's exactly what they deserve!

nyhunter

X2

G squared 23

I hope they go out of business, and I'm pretty confident they'll be Sears in less than 15 years.  Not even an option for me with Scheels in town.

paintbrush

Quote from: guesswho on March 13, 2019, 05:24:26 PM
I would quit buying from them, but I never started.
Same here.We had a store open up here where I live right after their AR15 policy went into effect. I went into the store a week after they opened just to see what junk they sell. I left empty handed, and haven't been back since.