turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Shoulder bags

Started by TurkeyTamer, March 01, 2019, 12:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurkeyTamer

Anybody use the shoulder bags instead of a vest? Is the broosie bag the best. I know there ain't a big choice of them out there but I want the best one

crenshawco

appalachianassassin

rifleman

I've had a Brossie bag for a few years now and I like it a lot.

shaman

I switched from a vest to a bag about 20 years ago.  Here's the current iteration

It isn't big enough for the kitchen sink, but I really don't need the sink. I like a bag, because I can remove it easily.  I spend most of my time with my back to a tree and having everything in a vest always caused a lot of noise when I shifted.  I've also been known to belly crawl.  Vests really get in the way.  The bags both have buckles that let me slip out and go slinking in the bushes with just a mouth call and my shotgun.

Mornings in Trans-Bluegrass are usually cold.  I often also carry a second shoulder bag that holds my sweater and rain gear.  It's just a musette bag and lets me take off layers for the long walk in.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries  of SW Bracken County, KY 
Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Gobbler2577

Greg Massey

RED NECK

I have the primos shoulder bag in my tote downstairs that i used for a week about 8 years ago.I recently ordered a small camo shoulder bag from amazon for 35 dollars and It should be here this weekend.If it holds what I want it too,I will be using it as well this spring in the turkey woods.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Turkeyman62

This is the one I use.
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

mudbug_4

I had one in my hands at the store the other day but I did not "pull the trigger."

Sir-diealot

I read the title and it instantly made me think of a Christian comedian from the 80's named Mike Warnke, he had a skit about his over the shoulder apparatus "It's not a purse, it's a SHOULDER BAG" last two words in much deeper voice.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 01, 2019, 05:54:21 PM
I read the title and it instantly made me think of a Christian comedian from the 80's named Mike Warnke, he had a skit about his over the shoulder apparatus "It's not a purse, it's a SHOULDER BAG" last two words in much deeper voice.
Sometimes it's just best not to comment ..  :TooFunny:

Gobbler2577

Now that I have a minute let me say this.  I have a brossie bag and a Tom teaser bag.  Both are ok, but nowhere near the bag that Mrs. Glenda makes.  Granted you will have to get off your wallet for it, but it is built like a tank and I think it will last forever.  I bought the minimalist bag and love it.  I think i will buy the bigger one to carry when i travel as i am prone to all day hunting when I'm away from home and like to carry food.  Mrs Glenda is also a fine person and who doesnt like to support nice people?

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk