OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Back in the day

Started by CASH, April 28, 2011, 05:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

My curfew was the street lights, my mom didn't call my cell, she yelled my name, I played outside with friends, not online. If I didn't eat what my mom cooked, then I didn't eat. Sanitizer didn't exist, but you COULD get your mouth washed out with soap. I rode a bike without helmet, getting dirty was OK. I drank water from a garden hose & survived!
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Basser69

Aint that the truth! Don't forget if you got in a fight it was with your fists not a gun or a knife

redarrow

and if you didn't hear what your momma said you didn't reply with "HUH' or "what" you said Ma'am.

Hognutz

If there were only two of you, you played catch. If there were three, you had a baseball game.. :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

barry

There were no "Timeouts" back then, you got a Whippin'!
We had to...
hoe the garden
milk the cow
and slop the hogs

stinkpickle

...I could smoke on an airplane.   :D

stinkpickle

...I could wear my Superman Underoos without ridicule and mockery.

wisconsinteacher

You showed respect to those talking to you.

guesswho

If your britches were to big your Momma either fed you more or bought you some new britches, and if your hat was sideways on your head it was because one of your parents knocked it that way because of something you did. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Hognutz

Quote from: stinkpickle on April 28, 2011, 05:53:45 PM
...I could wear my Superman Underoos without ridicule and mockery.

You are not right, StinkMeister..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

hookedspur

:agreed: We even had to cut our own switchs, 2 at a time.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BrowningGuy88

You could go to school after turkey hunting with the gun in the gunrack in the backglass and not get put on the Interpol list!!!

You could also count on a slap in the face if even thought about telling Mama you was not doing something you were told!!!!

Daman

rev

But, Your Momma would make you wait 1/2 hour after eat to go swimming, afraid you would get a cramp and drown, but she would let you shot each other with a BB gun, go figure

CB on the run

Went out early morning, home for lunch & dinner, my father whistled, walked or rode a bike everywhere we went.  I broke my hand early one summer in a play ground fight, when the cast was to be removed 6 weeks later I had wore a spot through the palm area from riding my 10 speed.  The TV never got turned on before 7pm except for the 6pm news, friends showed up at the door & never called on the phone.  My mother stills pays for a 'party line' on her phone bill even though we haven't heard anyone else since the late 1970's.  I still call my friends parents by Mr. or Mrs. even though I'm a grandfather(recently).
  My daughter shows up with my grandson and is glued to her cell phone text messages from her employees at work.  My son is more laid back.  Times have sure changed.

CB

unclerick

Around my house, us kids were to be seen not heard, speak when spoken to, there was no tv till after homework was done and supper dishes were put away and if we back talked momma or any of our elders, we got a mouthfull of momma's nuckles when she back handed us in the mouth, and it was ok to leave a 12yr old at home to watch his younger siblings, because he knew how to be responsible.

What ever happened to the good old days.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus