turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My First Bird (Jake)

Started by Hootowl, April 28, 2011, 03:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hootowl

Getting into this Turkey Hunting Real late in Life, last year I hunted a Total of 3 times, And just had to much going on to get at it 100%. This I could not wait for opening Day, Other than the Rain it was Great day, I packed up about 4am and Headed to my Woods which is a Hour drive, Rain all the way up. I took my Ground Blind setup my Decoys and climbed back into my Home for the next several Hours? I had Deer move through right at first light, and the 2 hens walking messed around my decoys a few minutes and they were Gone. By this time I thought well ts over, I really dint make that many calls couple from a Slate Call (Fire and Ice) And that was it, about 8 am I see movement off to my right and I can see its a Turkey By him Self, I made a few mouth calls but it was like he was trying to Skirt me, I lost sight of him and made a few more mouth calls and then he make a Straight line for the decoys 2 hens and a Jake, He walked around them for a few and I just watched, I have a Bathroom and Kitchen to redo, so I aimed and shot and he dropped right there. My season Is Over, I called the wife and she said good now you can Start my Bathroom? Got to love women....He was not the biggest Bird weight 16 lbs with 3 beards I am going to try and get some Picture up when My wife gets Home of the Bird and His 3 beards all about 1 inch. Its kinda nice to be tagged out but I am going to miss heading to the woods and watch the woods come alive, I was thing About heading down to Ky on are Farm but the wife said Bathroom 1st. so I guess its Next year, Be safe everybody, and Thanks for all the help with some of my dumb question Andy Kaiser sure help alot as did Eric from Fire-n-Ice Calls, and Ron Taylor. Thanks alot. Hurry up Deer season, I guess I could go out and get some Mushrooms, the woods I hunt is like a Small swamp.

Pictures will be coming soon....
Dave

bowhunter84

congrats! nothing like a first bird :icon_thumright:

Basser69

gobblerfreak

trkycaller

lohaus

buck_hunter21

Spill Blood

Hognutz

Congrats. He sounds like a nice trophy..Well done..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

mmusso

guesswho

Congrats, looking forward to seeing some pitures.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

LX_Trkyhntr

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

boomer

JVA54

Ol'Mossy

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions