OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Leafy Jacket Recommendations

Started by aclawrence, February 22, 2019, 08:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aclawrence

Hey guys, I was thinking about grabbing a leafy jacket.  I know last season here in Alabama we had a good bit of cold weather starting out.  If I had a leafy jacket I could just throw on over whatever layers or shirts I wear for the hunt.  I've never had a leafy jacket and I'm assuming it will grab on everything and may not be that durable so I'm to ya'll feedback.  Do you like them and if so which one do you like.  I'm a small guy so I don't won't anything to huge.  Just a medium size jacket would be good. 

dirt road ninja

I've got a cabelas brand thAt has held together well.

goblr77

If you have mosquitos in your part of Alabama, get a leafy Bug Tamer. They're made to last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: aclawrence on February 22, 2019, 08:04:59 PM
Hey guys, I was thinking about grabbing a leafy jacket.  I know last season here in Alabama we had a good bit of cold weather starting out.  If I had a leafy jacket I could just throw on over whatever layers or shirts I wear for the hunt.  I've never had a leafy jacket and I'm assuming it will grab on everything and may not be that durable so I'm to ya'll feedback.  Do you like them and if so which one do you like.  I'm a small guy so I don't won't anything to huge.  Just a medium size jacket would be good.
I had and tried using one , but for the reason you mention it just grab onto everything , i just didn't need it hanging on and pulling on sticker bushes and whatever else it came into contact with ... i just use a light weight camo jacket if needed ... sometime coverall's depending on the weather ...lol

aclawrence

Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 22, 2019, 08:54:15 PM
I've got a cabelas brand thAt has held together well.
I tried looking on Cabela's site but it's acting funny. I'll try again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aclawrence

Quote from: goblr77 on February 22, 2019, 09:07:26 PM
If you have mosquitos in your part of Alabama, get a leafy Bug Tamer. They're made to last.

I saw a couple of those on Ebay. I'll take a look at them again.

Sixes

I've used an ASAT suit for years and it's held up great. Some folks don't like ASAT pattern, but it works well blending into bushes

aclawrence

Quote from: Sixes on February 22, 2019, 11:02:06 PM
I've used an ASAT suit for years and it's held up great. Some folks don't like ASAT pattern, but it works well blending into bushes
Yeah I hate the way it looks but I think it's probably one of the better patterns out there. I know a lot of guys swear by it.

rraymond

I just purchased a north mountain leafy suit. Has a ton of leaves and a few color options . Size specific not that one size fits all crap. They also have some sweet 3d pullover and headwear. I recommend.  Free shipping too. I paid $50.

dirt road ninja

Where in Bama don't they have skeeters.

aclawrence

Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 23, 2019, 06:41:39 AM

If there is somewhere we should all go in and start a hunting club there. I'll give y'all exclusive deer hunting rights and I'll hunt the turkeys!

30_06

The ASAT suit has worked well for me.

Esse quam videri

T-town

Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 23, 2019, 06:41:39 AM

State bird

TauntoHawk

I just got a first lite one in fusion see how it goes this season

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.